Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wireless in Enlightenment

Default wireless in Enlightenment

Not sure whether this should go here or under Applications, but here goes. When I boot up into KDE, my wireless connection fires up automatically. If I then log out and log into Enlightenment, the connection is still working. However, if I boot up my machine into Enlightenment, no internet connection and seemingly no way to get it working. I was finally able to add the network connection module to the panel in Enlightenment, but it does not work. Instead, I get an error saying that I need to install EConnMan, an application that I do not see in the repositories. The KDE NetworkManager plasma applet is also not visible in Enlightenment, and I am unable to connect through YaST.

Are there any tricks I have missed? (A search did not turn up anything, but I may not be searching for the right topics) Are there any applications or files I need to install or look for. I just recently installed 13.1 with KDE and added Enlightenment and some codecs. So far, I have done little else to this machine. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: wireless in Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by whuntsman View Post
    Not sure whether this should go here or under Applications, but here goes. When I boot up into KDE, my wireless connection fires up automatically. If I then log out and log into Enlightenment, the connection is still working. However, if I boot up my machine into Enlightenment, no internet connection and seemingly no way to get it working.
    I don't use enlightenment, so I can't help there.

Login to KDE. Edit your connection, and set it to be a system connection. This will ask for the root key.

Once you have done that, it should connect on boot and work even in enlightenment.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

The easiest way to get wireless in Enlightenment is to install a Network Manager Applet, load the systray module in enlightenment and add systray to your shelf. Until i can get connman included into the main openSUSE distro its not very useful. You can use it from the X11:Enlightenment:Factory repository though. I need to write a wiki about all this.

Cheers
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    Login to KDE. Edit your connection, and set it to be a system connection
    hi!

how...how...how...coud you be more explicit?

tia!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goro_goren View Post
    hi!

how...how...how...coud you be more explicit?

tia!
    In KDE, look for the NetworkManager icon in the tray. Click on that (normal left click).

Then click "Manage connections".

On the next screen, select the "Wireless" tab, if it is not already selected.

Select the particular connection (assuming that you have already set it up).

Click Edit

Make sure that the "Connect Automatically" and "System Connection" boxes are both checked.
    Save the results. Somewhere along the line you will need to provide the root password.

That's it. After that, the connection should be made on bootup, before any login. So it will be available to your enlightenment session.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Hi,

A quick question, cause a few days i installed Leap with Plasma5 and Enlightenment, and i quite like Enlightenment and i noticed the Wireless problem and i put it to work choosing the options in KDE as the previous post refers, the question is, if i do a fresh install only with Enlightenment, its impossible to have wireless working out of the box because EConnman isn't available? So how can i have a Full working system with both cable/wireless internet connections in a fresh install in Leap?

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugosyt View Post
    Hi,

A quick question, cause a few days i installed Leap with Plasma5 and Enlightenment, and i quite like Enlightenment and i noticed the Wireless problem and i put it to work choosing the options in KDE as the previous post refers, the question is, if i do a fresh install only with Enlightenment, its impossible to have wireless working out of the box because EConnman isn't available? So how can i have a Full working system with both cable/wireless internet connections in a fresh install in Leap?

Is there any other way?

Thanks
    It works using wicked or in my case
    I include the network manager for xfce
    You can add it also in the enlightenment system tray.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    It works using wicked or in my case I include the network manager for xfce
    You can add it also in the enlightenment system tray.
    Thanks for the reply...
    And can i include the network manager for xfce or wicked before a fresh install?

Quote Originally Posted by hugosyt View Post
    Thanks for the reply...
    And can i include the network manager for xfce or wicked before a fresh install?
    I think wicked should be included when you install openSUSE.
    What type of installation are you going to do on a clean install?
    I am assuming you are going to start with a minimal installation
    then you are going to add enlightenment by installing it from the openSUSE repositories.
    AFAIK, enlightenment is not in the option when you install from the dvd iso.

Edit:
    The networkmanager for xfce that I use is
    NetworkManager_Gnome, the panel applet is included
    in that package.

Hope this helps.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast