Second hard disk is SATA can the password protect be turned off

openSUSE KDE is installed on an IDE Hard Disk. When I want to use the second hard disk I have to enter a password. Is it possible to turn off this feature it is inconvenient.

From your rather vague description (you do not even tell which version of openSUSE you use), I guess that you have one or more file systems on the second disk and that you want them mounted as long as your system is running…

As that second disk seems to be permanent to your system in such a case people normaly let it be mounted at boot (and unmounted at shutdown) by puttiing it in /etc/fstab. Easiest way do do this:
YaST > System > Partitioner. Look for the file system(s) you want to have mounted on the system, double click on it and then choose to edit .
In the left panel, be certain that “Do not format” is checked, else you will destroy the data on it.
In the right panel insert a mountpoint, eventualy go for Fstab options if wanted/needed (you can have look there to see what it has) and Finish.

Your partition will now be mounted and an entry in /etc/fstab will be there so it is mounted again on every boot. Same as your / and /home file sytems are now. already handled.

BTW, you question leeds me to think that you lack some knowledge on partitions, file systems and mounting. When that is true, maybe this link might be of interest: SDB:Basics of partitions, filesystems, mount points - openSUSE

Thank you I am inexperienced consequently some very basic things are going to trip me up.

I will look at the link.
I am using OpenSUSE KDE 13.1
The second hard disk is a RAID SATA and is formated with a single NTFS partition for Windows XP

On 2013-12-29 21:36, Andrew wrote:
>
> Thank you I am inexperienced consequently some very basic things are
> going to trip me up.
>
> I will look at the link.
> I am using OpenSUSE KDE 13.1
> The second hard disk is a RAID SATA and is formated with a single NTFS
> partition for Windows XP

After you give that password and have access to that “hard disk” (different meaning in Linux),
please issue the command “mount” in a terminal and post the result here, inside a code tag section.
You get a code tag section by pressing the ‘#’ symbol on the forum editor.

Then we can tell you what line to add on the fstab file.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Elessar))