Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrrgh #$%@$@% SystemD

Default Arrrgh #$%@$@% SystemD

Anybody have a how to delay the network shutdown upon reboot? Ever since 13.1 I have not been able to reboot my systems because the network goes down before the nfs mounts are unmounted causing the system to wait forever trying to unmount them.

Doing a umount to the shares before hand allows the system to reboot nearly instantaneously.

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Default Re: Arrrgh #$%@$@% SystemD

deanjo13 wrote:
    >
    > Anybody have a how to delay the network shutdown upon reboot? Ever
    > since 13.1 I have not been able to reboot my systems because the network
    > goes down before the nfs mounts are unmounted causing the system to wait
    > forever trying to unmount them.
    >
    > Doing a umount to the shares before hand allows the system to reboot
    > nearly instantaneously.
    >
    >

If we are dealing with fstab entries try the solution provided here :-

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32955

--
    Version 3.10.2
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
    Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop
    Where are my penguins :- https://features.opensuse.org/316767

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo13 View Post
    Anybody have a how to delay the network shutdown upon reboot? Ever since 13.1 I have not been able to reboot my systems because the network goes down before the nfs mounts are unmounted causing the system to wait forever trying to unmount them.

Doing a umount to the shares before hand allows the system to reboot nearly instantaneously.
    You should probably file a bug report.

I use "autofs" for NFS mounts, and I am not having that problem (not yet).
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    deanjo13 wrote:
    >
    > Anybody have a how to delay the network shutdown upon reboot? Ever
    > since 13.1 I have not been able to reboot my systems because the network
    > goes down before the nfs mounts are unmounted causing the system to wait
    > forever trying to unmount them.
    >
    > Doing a umount to the shares before hand allows the system to reboot
    > nearly instantaneously.
    >
    >

If we are dealing with fstab entries try the solution provided here :-

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32955

--
    Version 3.10.2
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
    Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop
    Where are my penguins :- https://features.opensuse.org/316767
    Tried _netdev and that doesn't help the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo13 View Post

I am only running 13.1 occasionaly at the moment, but yesterday I had the same experience. I had to switch the system of hardwarewise. But 10 mins later I shutdown the system and hadn't the problem. Reading your post it seems that it (like mine as an afterthought) only experience this with a reboot. Can you conform that you also do not have it at a shutdown? (this to have a better bug description when someone of us go to bugzilla).

I find this strange because IMHO a reboot and a shutdown are exectly the same, only difference is a signal too the BIOS at the end to either switch off or do a boot. The whole Linux system shutdown should run exactly the same in both caces (again IMHO).
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    I am only running 13.1 occasionaly at the moment, but yesterday I had the same experience. I had to switch the system of hardwarewise. But 10 mins later I shutdown the system and hadn't the problem. Reading your post it seems that it (like mine as an afterthought) only experience this with a reboot. Can you conform that you also do not have it at a shutdown? (this to have a better bug description when someone of us go to bugzilla).

I find this strange because IMHO a reboot and a shutdown are exectly the same, only difference is a signal too the BIOS at the end to either switch off or do a boot. The whole Linux system shutdown should run exactly the same in both caces (again IMHO).
    In my case, shutdown hangs as well. In both shutdown and reboot I'm left hanging with this:

I had the same issues with 12.3 when trying to use SystemD, switching it to sysvinit cured the issue.

Well, strange. I only had this yesterday in that reboot (seeing your picture, I am almost sure I had the same). Could be a timing problem (which may hamper finding the excact problem). In any case IMHO it worthwhile to file a bug here: openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE
    The same username/password as that for the Forums should work there.
    Please report the bug number here in the thread when you are finished, so interested people (like me) can trace what happens and eventauly can add comments to it.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Well, strange. I only had this yesterday in that reboot (seeing your picture, I am almost sure I had the same). Could be a timing problem (which may hamper finding the excact problem). In any case IMHO it worthwhile to file a bug here: openSUSE:Submitting bug reports - openSUSE
    The same username/password as that for the Forums should work there.
    Please report the bug number here in the thread when you are finished, so interested people (like me) can trace what happens and eventauly can add comments to it.
    Same issue was reported against 12.3. I have really given up on submitting bugs to openSUSE as pretty much everyone I have submitted over the last 4 years has been ignored.

Blog Entries

FWIW, similar thread here with workarounds mentioned

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=148751

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    FWIW, similar thread here with workarounds mentioned

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=148751
    Unfortunately none of those worked either. Think it's just going to be easier to either revert to 12.3 or hack sysvinit back into 13.1.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast