Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Simple video program for a certain task

  1. #1

    Default Simple video program for a certain task

    Hello,

    I'm not a tech geek and need a simple video program which could make one video from a few files and convert it to mpeg or any other formaty. I had some dedicated software from my JVC but when I jumped ship to Linux I do not know how to do it as smooth and easy as on Windows.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    For such tasks I use avidemux (packman repository), it is easy to use.

    --
    PC: oS 13.1 x86_64 | i7-2600@3.40GHz | 16GB | KDE 4.11 | GTX 650 Ti
    ThinkPad E320: oS 13.1 x86_64 | i3@2.30GHz | 8GB | KDE 4.11 | HD 3000
    HTPC: oS 13.1 x86_64 | Celeron@1.8GHz | 2GB | Gnome 3.10 | HD 2500

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    On 2013-12-28 14:06, Wurger wrote:
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not a tech geek and need a simple video program which could make one
    > video from a few files and convert it to mpeg or any other formaty. I
    > had some dedicated software from my JVC but when I jumped ship to Linux
    > I do not know how to do it as smooth and easy as on Windows.


    Have a look at kdenlive. it allows you to join several videos and ptotos into one video.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Elessar))

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canadiana
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-12-28 14:06, Wurger wrote:
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not a tech geek and need a simple video program which could make one
    > video from a few files and convert it to mpeg or any other formaty. I
    > had some dedicated software from my JVC but when I jumped ship to Linux
    > I do not know how to do it as smooth and easy as on Windows.


    Have a look at kdenlive. it allows you to join several videos and ptotos into one video.
    Isnt development for it dead? I have not been able to find any updates anywhere about its status. Would be a shame because kdenlive is an awesome program for video editing.
    openSUSE Leap (42.1) 64 bit
    Plasma 5.4

  5. #5

    Default AW: Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    Quote Originally Posted by alanbortu View Post
    Isnt development for it dead?
    Not really.
    See here: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=118554

    Btw, the latest code changes in the git repo have been done today...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canadiana
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: AW: Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Not really.
    See here: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=118554

    Btw, the latest code changes in the git repo have been done today...
    Ah cool thanks. Glad to see its still alive.
    openSUSE Leap (42.1) 64 bit
    Plasma 5.4

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurger View Post
    Hello,

    I'm not a tech geek and need a simple video program which could make one video from a few files and convert it to mpeg or any other formaty. I had some dedicated software from my JVC but when I jumped ship to Linux I do not know how to do it as smooth and easy as on Windows.
    avidemux is great.
    Very easy to use and multiple formats and containers to choose from.

    It's in packman (2 versions)
    you probably should go for version 2.6.xx
    there is a qt interface for KDE and gtk interface for gnome (but you can use either no matter your desktop based on which look you like the best.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,234

    Default Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    Avidemux would be simpler (and probably more stable).

    But I'd go with version 2.5.6 (package avidemux in packman). Version 2.6.7 (package avidemux3 in packman) more often than gives me unsyncronized audio. I'm not saying it's the program's fault, it may just be me not knowing how to avoid it. What I'm saying is that, IME, 2.5.x is easier to the causal user.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Simple video program for a certain task

    Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    Avidemux would be simpler (and probably more stable).

    But I'd go with version 2.5.6 (package avidemux in packman). Version 2.6.7 (package avidemux3 in packman) more often than gives me unsyncronized audio. I'm not saying it's the program's fault, it may just be me not knowing how to avoid it. What I'm saying is that, IME, 2.5.x is easier to the causal user.
    hmmmm . . . that's interesting. That's the opposite of my experience.
    One of the main features of 2.6 was a complete rewrite of how it handles audio sync / timing to avoid the sync problems from earlier versions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •