Thread: Mouse non-functional in QEMU after update to 13.1

Default Mouse non-functional in QEMU after update to 13.1

I successfully used QEMU on 12.3 with both Windows and Linux guests. No wrappers, just direct "qemu-kvm -m 768 -hda /path/to/Windows/hda.img" invocation with whatever console it brings up as default. After update to 13.1 mouse is nearly non-functional in both Windows and Linux - it behaves very erratically and jumps around without any practical possibility to position it where I want.

Using notebook with synaptics touchpad, but should not matter - I expect it to forward any mouse events to guest, irrespectively of host hardware.

Anyone observed it as well? Thank you!

Default Re: Mouse non-functional in QEMU after update to 13.1

I've noticed that too on some VMs (some are OK). I've tried to use -usbdevice tablet, but it didn't help much. I've finally solved it by using SPICE instead of default SDL. It can be a bit rushhy if you need to catcch some boot options, but it's managable.

I'd rather avoid running second program just to access console ... esp. for what looks like an honest bug.

OK, thank you for confirmation.

Using "-usbdevice tablet" seems to offer workaround. Not sure if special support on guest side is required, but at least in Windows mouse now works (with additional advantage that no explicit input focus grab is required to use mouse in guest).