Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Akregator uses a large amount of CPU time

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Birkerød, Denmark
    Posts
    24

    Default Akregator uses a large amount of CPU time

    Using 'top' I see that Akregator uses from 60 to 86% CPU time. My version of openSUSE is
    Code:
    NAME=openSUSE
    VERSION="12.3 (Dartmouth)"
    VERSION_ID="12.3"
    PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE 12.3 (Dartmouth) (x86_64)"
    ID=opensuse
    ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
    CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:opensuse:opensuse:12.3"
    and Akregator is:
    Code:
    rpm -q akregator
    akregator-4.10.5-1.100.2.x86_64
    Akregator only has to look after 4 threads, so I find the amount of CPU time spent excessive - it looks like a busy form of wait.

    I have tried to tweak the setting, by to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,739
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Akregator uses a large amount of CPU time

    That seems weird.

    I'm using akregator to follow a bunch of blogs. And I don't recall it ever showing up in "top" -- its CPU usage is too low.

    It's hard to say what you are doing wrong, since I don't know what you are doing.

    I am fetching feeds every 30 minutes. I guess if you do that too often, the CPU usage would go up.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •