Thread: samba-krb-printing - Missing in OpenSuse 13.1

Default samba-krb-printing - Missing in OpenSuse 13.1

Hello All,

When setting up my printers on an updated Opensuse 13.1 instalaltion using YaST. The intention was to print off a Windows 2008R2 Print server, which worked fine in 12.2.

Selecting "Printers -> Via Network -> Connection Wizard -> Windows or Samba -> Support for Active directory" prompts to install samba-krb-printing.

This fails as it is not found, and returns back to the screen.

Looking around, seems this package was in 12 but not 13, not sure if this is a YaST bug where an old reference hasnt been updated, or if there is a missing package, or if I am way off!

Blog Entries

Default Re: samba-krb-printing - Missing in OpenSuse 13.1

Quote Originally Posted by DN0000 View Post
    Hello All,

When setting up my printers on an updated Opensuse 13.1 instalaltion using YaST. The intention was to print off a Windows 2008R2 Print server, which worked fine in 12.2.

Selecting "Printers -> Via Network -> Connection Wizard -> Windows or Samba -> Support for Active directory" prompts to install samba-krb-printing.

This fails as it is not found, and returns back to the screen.

Looking around, seems this package was in 12 but not 13, not sure if this is a YaST bug where an old reference hasnt been updated, or if there is a missing package, or if I am way off!
    I've never had to print in this type of environment, where Kerberos authentication is required. As a temporary workaround, I'd be inclined to install via the repo listed here

software.opensuse.org:

It's only a small package and provides /usr/bin/get_printing_ticket

A recent thread discussing permissions issues

https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...rmissions.html

FWIW, (and without a complete understanding of this), I note the following bug report

https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=685093

and some useful background info for others who come searching

Explained: Windows Authentication in ASP.NET 2.0
    NT LAN Manager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia