Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

  1. #1

    Default claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    Hello,

    I don't know where to ask, so I'm doing it here in the forums.

    I'm ditching kmail. I've had enough with bugs. Upgrading to OpenSuse 12.3 was a good enough reason to finally do it. So I'm now trying Claws Mail which at first sight looks nice and does what I want from an email client.

    I installed claws-mail-3.9.2-2.4.1.x86_64, but only the 3.9.0-2.1.1 version of claws-mail-extra-plugins is available and requires claws-mail 3.9.0-2.1.2.x86_64.

    Who should I contact to add the newest version of the plugins package?

    Thanks.

    Carl

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,489
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    On Tue 17 Dec 2013 07:46:01 PM CST, La Maudite wrote:


    Hello,

    I don't know where to ask, so I'm doing it here in the forums.

    I'm ditching kmail. I've had enough with bugs. Upgrading to OpenSuse
    12.3 was a good enough reason to finally do it. So I'm now trying Claws
    Mail which at first sight looks nice and does what I want from an email
    client.

    I installed claws-mail-3.9.2-2.4.1.x86_64, but only the 3.9.0-2.1.1
    version of claws-mail-extra-plugins is available and requires claws-mail
    3.9.0-2.1.2.x86_64.

    Who should I contact to add the newest version of the plugins package?

    Thanks.

    Carl


    Hi
    The plugins are deprecated and built into claws-mail now.....
    Configuration->plugins->load

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.101-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,347
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    Quote Originally Posted by La_Maudite View Post
    Who should I contact to add the newest version of the plugins package?
    You can file a bug report at the bugzilla.

    First check whether you already have the plugins.

    On 13.1, there is no separate plugins package. They are all included with the main claws-mail package (currently at version 3.9.2-3.1.4). Perhaps that change already occurred with 12.3, so check whether you already have the particular plugins that you are seeking.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

  4. #4

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    Thanks to both of you. They are included in the main package. Now I feel silly

  5. #5

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:02:28 GMT malcolmlewis wrote:

    > The plugins are deprecated and built into claws-mail now.....
    > Configuration->plugins->load


    Ich check only "notification_plugin.so" and this plugin is neither
    integrated in the claws-mail package of 12.3 or 13.1. Could it be that
    you mean that the claws-mail-extra-plugins package is deprecated?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,347
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferenginar View Post
    Ich check only "notification_plugin.so" and this plugin is neither
    integrated in the claws-mail package of 12.3 or 13.1. Could it be that
    you mean that the claws-mail-extra-plugins package is deprecated?
    I opened claws-mail.

    configuration --> plugins

    This showed a list of 4 plugins - three for PGP and one for S/Mime.

    I clicked the "Load ..." button. That showed many more. I selected "notification". That seemed to load without a problem. I did not need to install and plugins package. It was already there. This is with 13.1.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,489
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    On Wed 18 Dec 2013 03:59:27 PM CST, Ferenginar wrote:

    On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:02:28 GMT malcolmlewis wrote:

    > The plugins are deprecated and built into claws-mail now.....
    > Configuration->plugins->load


    Ich check only "notification_plugin.so" and this plugin is neither
    integrated in the claws-mail package of 12.3 or 13.1. Could it be that
    you mean that the claws-mail-extra-plugins package is deprecated?

    Hi
    Correct the plugin package I use the notification plugin in 3.9.2
    and it's there? If I press load, it opens the directory with all the
    other plugins (*.so files) that can be added?

    They were dropped in 3.9.1
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/v...anges?expand=1
    Check the dates in May....

    I would grab the 3.9.3 version anyway as it has bug fixes....

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.101-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  8. #8

    Default Re: claws-mail-extra-plugins out-of-date

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:26:02 GMT malcolmlewis wrote:

    > Correct the plugin package I use the notification plugin in 3.9.2
    > and it's there? If I press load, it opens the directory with all the
    > other plugins (*.so files) that can be added?


    Oh, you be rigth i mistake the notification.so with the old
    notification_plugin.so and yes i use the same as you

    > I would grab the 3.9.3 version anyway as it has bug fixes....


    Thanks for the hint i will take a look at it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •