Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Xense Xonar Support

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11

    Default Xense Xonar Support

    I just got Asus Xense Xonar card.

    Which has AV100 chipset.

    I have checked Alsa that its tagged as "possible", Is there any way that i can make it work ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Quote Originally Posted by kanishka0 View Post
    I just got Asus Xense Xonar card.

    Which has AV100 chipset.

    I have checked Alsa that its tagged as "possible", Is there any way that i can make it work ?
    Can you open YaST==>Sound==>Other==> Play Test Sound ?
    This will ensure that hardware is compatible
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    Can you open YaST==>Sound==>Other==> Play Test Sound ?
    This will ensure that hardware is compatible
    Sound Test Failed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,906
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Can you open YaST==>Sound==>Other==> Play Test Sound ?
    This will ensure that hardware is compatible
    No, that test is not conclusive at all.

    Read this guide thoroughly first:
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Audio_tr...est_your_sound

    Run the diagnostic scripts as shown in the guide, and report back with the URL to the output of the diagnostic script.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    No, that test is not conclusive at all.

    Read this guide thoroughly first:
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Audio_tr...est_your_sound

    Run the diagnostic scripts as shown in the guide, and report back with the URL to the output of the diagnostic script.

    !!PCI Soundcards installed in the system -- this is showing 3 items

    00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
    01:05.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS880 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 4200 Series]
    03:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio]

    But Alsa -- are only 2


    1 [SB ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB HDA ATI SB at 0xfe8f4000 irq 16
    2 [HDMI ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfeae8000 irq 19

    !!Soundcards recognised by ALSA

    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=90...426d5e9ec1cbb5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,906
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Okay, you have multiple sound cards present

    Code:
    !!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
    !!-----------------------------
    
     1 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                          HDA ATI SB at 0xfe8f4000 irq 16
     2 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                          HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfeae8000 irq 19
    
    
    !!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
    !!--------------------------------------
    
    00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
    01:05.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS880 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 4200 Series]
    03:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio]
    
    
    !!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Subsystem ID's
    !!-------------------------------------------------------
    
    00:14.2 0403: 1002:4383
            Subsystem: 1043:8445
    --
    01:05.1 0403: 1002:970f
            Subsystem: 1043:843e
    --
    03:04.0 0401: 13f6:8788
            Subsystem: 1043:8428

    Manual configuration is needed for multiple sound cards AFAIU. (I have no experience with this situation, so can only point you at the info.)

    MultipleCards - ALSA wiki

    This might give you a bit of an idea about configuration too:

    https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...e-default.html

    Your Oxygen HD Audio device should be supported by the 'snd-oxygen' driver from what I've gleamed online.
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 26-Dec-2012 at 01:17.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Okay, you have multiple sound cards present

    Code:
    !!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
    !!-----------------------------
    
     1 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                          HDA ATI SB at 0xfe8f4000 irq 16
     2 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                          HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfeae8000 irq 19
    
    
    !!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
    !!--------------------------------------
    
    00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
    01:05.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS880 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 4200 Series]
    03:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio]
    
    
    !!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Subsystem ID's
    !!-------------------------------------------------------
    
    00:14.2 0403: 1002:4383
            Subsystem: 1043:8445
    --
    01:05.1 0403: 1002:970f
            Subsystem: 1043:843e
    --
    03:04.0 0401: 13f6:8788
            Subsystem: 1043:8428

    Manual configuration is needed for multiple sound cards AFAIU. (I have no experience with this situation, so can only point you at the info.)

    MultipleCards - ALSA wiki

    This might give you a bit of an idea about configuration too:

    https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...e-default.html

    Your Oxygen HD Audio device should be supported by the 'snd-oxygen' driver from what I've gleamed online.
    Any more Help people

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    27,138
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Quote Originally Posted by kanishka0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kanishka0 View Post
    I just got Asus Xense Xonar card.

    Which has AV100 chipset.

    I have checked Alsa that its tagged as "possible", Is there any way that i can make it work ?
    Any more Help people
    You state "any way to make it work" ? Apologies, but I do not know what that means as it is very general. What is the problem ? No sound in what applications ? No recording in what applications ?

    I note http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=90...426d5e9ec1cbb5 indicates pulse audio is installed. Did you try installing 'pavucontrol' and then follow some of the blog suggestions here: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ol...avucontrol-96/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    27,138
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    You may wish to look at this thread:
    https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...s-too-low.html where user noted:
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarpone View Post
    OK. I found the solution. Here it is for anyone else that has the problem. In fact I probably made it worse goofing around with alsamixer. As I said above, in the mixer I cranked everything - meaning I put it all to the maximum. That was a mistake. Now I have set ALC Maximum Attenuation, ALC Maximum Gain and ALC Target Level all to 0 and I have my mic input back.

    Oh ya, the blue bars in PulseAudio returned when I rebooted this morning.
    IMHO your best bet to get this to work is for someone else with same xonar hardware to pitch in with advice. My experience in reading sound threads on this (and other) GNU/Linux forums for the past 7-years is xonar is tricky to get functioning ... and note I do not own this hardware.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    27,138
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: Xense Xonar Support

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    IMHO your best bet to get this to work is for someone else with same xonar hardware to pitch in with advice. My experience in reading sound threads on this (and other) GNU/Linux forums for the past 7-years is xonar is tricky to get functioning ... and note I do not own this hardware.
    If you search our forum for 'xonar' you will find many users looking for help with the 'xonar'. Here is one where the user was successful in configuring the card in YaST hardware/sound: https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...figurable.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •