Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

  1. #1

    Default Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

    The track pad seems to have a lot of trouble telling the difference between a left click and a right click. Is there a way to fix this or at least improve it?

    More details:

    * If I lightly tap, it seems to handle it well (one finger is left click, two fingers is right click, three finger tap is middle mouse button)

    * If I click (press down on left or right lower corner fully until hear a click) the touchpad seems to get it right about 60% of the time. 40% of the time, it does a right click even though I clicked the lower left corner.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The track pad seems to have a lot of trouble telling the difference between a left click and a right click. Is there a way to fix this or at least improve it? More details: * If I lightly tap, it seems to handle it well (one finger is left click, two fingers is right click, three finger tap is middle mouse button) * If I click (press down on left or right lower corner fully until hear a click) the touchpad seems to get it right about 60% of the time. 40% of the time, it does a right click even though I clicked the lower left corner.
    Hi, Go into Kickoff menu-> system settings->input devices. There you will be able to change some parameters for your touchpad. HTH Lenwolf

  3. #3

    Default Re: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by lenwolf View Post
    Hi, Go into Kickoff menu-> system settings->input devices. There you will be able to change some parameters for your touchpad. HTH Lenwolf
    Already tried that but there's nothing that makes a difference.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,579
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Already tried that but there's nothing that makes a difference.
    You might want to check the settings with synclient
    Code:
    synclient -l
    You can also experiment with adjusting the settings there eg
    Code:
    synclient VertEdgeScroll=0
    Code:
    synclient VertEdgeScroll=1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,579
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Already tried that but there's nothing that makes a difference.
    It might be useful to post the hardware details reported by
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/hwinfo --mouse
    Maybe google will throw up issues with other users, other distros?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •