Thread: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

Default Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

The track pad seems to have a lot of trouble telling the difference between a left click and a right click. Is there a way to fix this or at least improve it?

More details:

* If I lightly tap, it seems to handle it well (one finger is left click, two fingers is right click, three finger tap is middle mouse button)

* If I click (press down on left or right lower corner fully until hear a click) the touchpad seems to get it right about 60% of the time. 40% of the time, it does a right click even though I clicked the lower left corner.

Default Re: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The track pad seems to have a lot of trouble telling the difference between a left click and a right click. Is there a way to fix this or at least improve it? More details: * If I lightly tap, it seems to handle it well (one finger is left click, two fingers is right click, three finger tap is middle mouse button) * If I click (press down on left or right lower corner fully until hear a click) the touchpad seems to get it right about 60% of the time. 40% of the time, it does a right click even though I clicked the lower left corner.
    Hi, Go into Kickoff menu-> system settings->input devices. There you will be able to change some parameters for your touchpad. HTH Lenwolf

Default Re: Samsung Series 9 trackpad doesn't work well with openSUSE 13.1. How fix?

Quote Originally Posted by lenwolf View Post
    Hi, Go into Kickoff menu-> system settings->input devices. There you will be able to change some parameters for your touchpad. HTH Lenwolf
    Already tried that but there's nothing that makes a difference.

Blog Entries

You might want to check the settings with synclient
    Code:
    synclient -l
    You can also experiment with adjusting the settings there eg
    Code:
    synclient VertEdgeScroll=0
    Code:
    synclient VertEdgeScroll=1

Blog Entries

It might be useful to post the hardware details reported by
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/hwinfo --mouse
    Maybe google will throw up issues with other users, other distros?