Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Hello there folks,
    I am trying to determine if this is an application error or a dependency error or an operating system error. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this problem? I am trying to stream aac audio radio station http://www.radioparadise.com/m3u/aac-128.m3u through an application "radiotray" and listen but I have no sound.
    The following is the error message I receive when attempting to play any aac url. I did install codec's from packman.
    Code:
    gstffmpegdec.c(2213): gst_ffmpegdec_audio_frame (): /GstPlayBin2:player/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin3/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin23/ffdec_aac:ffdec_aac2: Decoding of AAC stream by FFMPEG failed.
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  2. #2

    Default AW: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    Hello there folks,
    I am trying to determine if this is an application error or a dependency error or an operating system error. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this problem? I am trying to stream aac audio radio station http://www.radioparadise.com/m3u/aac-128.m3u through an application "radiotray" and listen but I have no sound.
    The following is the error message I receive when attempting to play any aac url. I did install codec's from packman.
    Code:
    gstffmpegdec.c(2213): gst_ffmpegdec_audio_frame (): /GstPlayBin2:player/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin3/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin23/ffdec_aac:ffdec_aac2: Decoding of AAC stream by FFMPEG failed.
    I can play that just fine with Amarok and the phonon-backend-gstreamer-0_10.
    Will try with Radio Tray in a minute...

  3. #3

    Default AW: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    I can play that just fine with Amarok and the phonon-backend-gstreamer-0_10.
    Will try with Radio Tray in a minute...
    Oops, sorry. It works fine with phonon-backend-vlc (and VLC itself), but not with phonon-backend-gstreamer-0_10 and RadioTray.

    So IMHO this is definitely a gstreamer problem...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: AW: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Oops, sorry. It works fine with phonon-backend-vlc (and VLC itself), but not with phonon-backend-gstreamer-0_10 and RadioTray.

    So IMHO this is definitely a gstreamer problem...
    Why do you keep ignoring the error listed by the progam itself?
    Code:
    Decoding of AAC stream by FFMPEG failed.
    Just curious
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  5. #5

    Default Re: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    Why do you keep ignoring the error listed by the progam itself?
    Code:
    Decoding of AAC stream by FFMPEG failed.
    I don't ignore it, I try to find out why it doesn't work.

    And it is gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg's fault.

    I uninstalled that now and RadioTray plays your stream fine. I'm not sure which package is exactly needed, but as I already wrote in the other thread, I think it is gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon.

    Oh, and btw, I can play the stream with ffplay as well, so it's definitely no problem with ffmpeg...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    I don't ignore it, I try to find out why.

    And it is gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg's fault.

    I uninstalled that now and RadioTray plays your stream fine. I'm not sure which package is exactly needed, but as I already wrote in the other thread, I think it is gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon.

    Oh, and btw, I can play the stream with ffplay as well, so it's definitely no problem with ffmpeg...
    Well for crackies, do you mind telling me how you got the stream to play fine?? What is the work around? I think some other people will be interested as well.
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  7. #7

    Default Re: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    Well for crackies, do you mind telling me how you got the stream to play fine?? What is the work around?
    Can't you read?
    And you questioned _my_ reading skills in the other thread?!

    Uninstall gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg and make sure gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon is installed.
    Then it plays fine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Can't you read?
    And you questioned _my_ reading skills in the other thread?!

    Uninstall gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg and make sure gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon is installed.
    Then it plays fine.
    I did not see that anywhere.......

    Anyway wolfi323 if you were right here in front of me I would punch you in the neck hard.
    I am still gonna call you out on this if it does not work.
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  9. #9

    Default Re: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    I did not see that anywhere.......
    Then read again:
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    And it is gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg's fault.

    I uninstalled that now and RadioTray plays your stream fine. I'm not sure which package is exactly needed, but as I already wrote in the other thread, I think it is gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon.
    Anyway wolfi323 if you were right here in front of me I would punch you in the neck hard.
    Are you drunk or something???
    What's wrong with you?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: streaming aac audio media from anywhere to radiotray opensuse 13.1

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Then read again:
    Are you drunk or something???
    What's wrong with you?
    Sometimes you just feel like punching someone in the neck, do you have to be drunk or something? No sorry there is nothing wrong with me, thanks for asking. The neck punch would be a total friendly thing.
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •