Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Disable update notification

  1. #1

    Default Disable update notification

    Hello. I just couldn't find where to disable it. Only in desktop configuration->apper software->update weekly

    Still, I get update notification everyday.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0

  2. #2

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    Quote Originally Posted by bonedriven View Post
    Hello. I just couldn't find where to disable it. Only in desktop configuration->apper software->update weekly

    Still, I get update notification everyday.
    Disable the Apper service in "Configure Desktop"->"Startup and Shutdown"->"Service Manager", or just uninstall Apper or even PackageKit.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Disable the Apper service in "Configure Desktop"->"Startup and Shutdown"->"Service Manager", or just uninstall Apper or even PackageKit.
    Funny thing I noticed that I've already have apper monitor service disabled like you said. It was disabled when I had opensuse 12.3.

    This is a very obvious bug??
    openSUSE Leap 15.0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    If you upgraded it could be an config file screw up.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    Quote Originally Posted by bonedriven View Post
    Funny thing I noticed that I've already have apper monitor service disabled like you said. It was disabled when I had opensuse 12.3.

    This is a very obvious bug??
    Try to remove the plasmoid in the system tray settings then (right-click on the small up-arrow just left of the digital clock and select "System Tray Settings").
    Maybe this starts the Apper monitor service even when it is disabled.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Try to remove the plasmoid in the system tray settings then (right-click on the small up-arrow just left of the digital clock and select "System Tray Settings").
    Maybe this starts the Apper monitor service even when it is disabled.
    I guess so, however I intended to push me update weekly.
    Thanks.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0

  7. #7

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    Quote Originally Posted by bonedriven View Post
    I guess so, however I intended to push me update weekly.
    Thanks.
    Well, I tried now to disable the Apper monitor service, and it didn't get started here on re-login.
    I can't test the "Update weekly" setting right now obviously.

    So maybe it's really some configuration corruption?
    Maybe try to delete ~/.kde4/share/config/kdedrc and ~/.kde4/share/config/apper ...

    But somehow I have the feeling it additionally checks on every login, because I cannot find a time stamp anywhere.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    I believe it does check on each logon and I think the clock start then also

  9. #9

    Default Re: Disable update notification

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, I tried now to disable the Apper monitor service, and it didn't get started here on re-login.
    I can't test the "Update weekly" setting right now obviously.

    So maybe it's really some configuration corruption?
    Maybe try to delete ~/.kde4/share/config/kdedrc and ~/.kde4/share/config/apper ...

    But somehow I have the feeling it additionally checks on every login, because I cannot find a time stamp anywhere.
    I deleted the whole ~/.kde4 folder after upgrade, as I had noticed some bugs. Now everything seems smooth except that daily update notification. Well at worst I can disable it in the system tray.

    Now I have the apper monitor service enabled and set it to check weekly. We'll see.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •