Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Time and Einstein..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Time and Einstein..

    Hello..

    I getting confused when i'm not loggin in to the forum and all the post in the forum are reporting "central time zone" in US. When I'm logged in the time showing gmt and not gmt +1 in real time here in Sweden where I'm registered to live in. It have been enough whit problems for opensuse/KDE even using/confirgured NNTP.

    Any solutions?

    Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:56:02 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > Hello..
    >
    > I getting confused when i'm not loggin in to the forum and all the post
    > in the forum are reporting "central time zone" in US. When I'm logged in
    > the time showing gmt and not gmt +1 in real time here in Sweden where
    > I'm registered to live in. It have been enough whit problems for
    > opensuse/KDE even using/confirured NNTP.
    >
    > Any solutions?
    >
    > Regards.


    On your user profile for the forums, there's a place to configure the
    time zone you're in - your settings currently are set for GMT.

    Not logged in, it uses a default value, and it was configured for
    Mountain time, but flagged as daylight savings on - it should be fixed
    now.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:56:02 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > Hello..
    >
    > I getting confused when i'm not loggin in to the forum and all the post
    > in the forum are reporting "central time zone" in US. When I'm logged in
    > the time showing gmt and not gmt +1 in real time here in Sweden where
    > I'm registered to live in. It have been enough whit problems for
    > opensuse/KDE even using/confirured NNTP.
    >
    > Any solutions?
    >
    > Regards.


    On your user profile for the forums, there's a place to configure the
    time zone you're in - your settings currently are set for GMT.

    Not logged in, it uses a default value, and it was configured for
    Mountain time, but flagged as daylight savings on - it should be fixed
    now.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at openSUSE Forums FAQ
    Thank you Jim!

    I have adjusted my own profile, -I was looking for 4 minutes before I find the relevant preference. I will see tomorrow and I hope that it did it.

    Well Jim. Central time. Mountain time. I guess that we outside US have another opinion outside about time. US timezones are not interesting us. Please don’t mark me as a terrorist then .

    Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:26:01 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > Thank you Jim!
    >
    > I have adjusted my own profile, -I was looking for 4 minutes before I
    > find the relevant preference. I will see tomorrow and I hope that it did
    > it.
    >
    > Well Jim. Central time. Mountain time. I guess that we outside US have
    > another opinion outside about time. US timezones are not interesting us.
    > Please don’t mark me as a terrorist then .


    Consider it (not) done.

    I understand why it would appear as central time - we're out of daylight
    savings time, but during DST we're at GMT-6 here in Utah. Normally we're
    at GMT-7, but since the forum was set to think that DST was currently on,
    it was reporting GMT-6.



    Jim

    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:26:01 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > Thank you Jim!
    >
    > I have adjusted my own profile, -I was looking for 4 minutes before I
    > find the relevant preference. I will see tomorrow and I hope that it did
    > it.
    >
    > Well Jim. Central time. Mountain time. I guess that we outside US have
    > another opinion outside about time. US timezones are not interesting us.
    > Please don’t mark me as a terrorist then .


    Consider it (not) done.

    I understand why it would appear as central time - we're out of daylight
    savings time, but during DST we're at GMT-6 here in Utah. Normally we're
    at GMT-7, but since the forum was set to think that DST was currently on,
    it was reporting GMT-6.



    Jim

    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C
    Well Jim!

    Thanks for your reply. I tested all in virtual sessions running right now om my server and unique Ip-adresses.

    -Win8.1
    -Win Xp
    -Win7
    -Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    -Latest Ubuntu.
    -Latest Kubuntu
    -Latest opensuse, -crashed

    And not named machines.

    Most of them reports the "right time" some don’t. It is a step forward.

    Me as a Swedish terrorist (we have live here sins documented -1100 ad).

    Now it getting dark at 15.13 and no light until 08.52. Sorry for my lousy english.

    Tank you.

    Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 19:36:01 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > Thanks for your reply. I tested all in virtual sessions running right
    > now om my server and unique Ip-adresses.
    >
    > -Win8.1 -Win Xp -Win7 -Ubuntu 12.04 LTS -Latest Ubuntu.
    > -Latest Kubuntu -Latest opensuse, -crashed
    >
    > And not named machines.
    >
    > Most of them reports the "right time" some don’t. It is a step forward.


    Odd, but it might be that the machine's time zone/dst settings are a
    factor, too.

    > Me as a Swedish terrorist (we have live here sins documented -1100 ad).
    >
    >
    > Now it getting dark at 15.13 and no light until 08.52. Sorry for my
    > lousy english.


    Your English is far better than my Swedish, I guarantee that.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    Hi Jim.H. I again have a trouble with my post and what see on the forum for timestamps. Tested Firefox 25.0, Konqueror. Also tested at my gateway/main server and something doesn’t work.

    Not to important. At least I can see a day before on the latest post in 0-23 hours format. But?

    Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:36:01 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > Hi Jim.H. I again have a trouble with my post and what see on the forum
    > for timestamps. Tested Firefox 25.0, Konqueror. Also tested at my
    > gateway/main server and something doesn’t work.
    >
    > Not to important. At least I can see a day before on the latest post in
    > 0-23 hours format. But?
    >
    > Regards.




    I'm not sure I understand what the issue is - can you clarify?

    Jim

    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    It seems that it take overnight (whois) before I can read the "right" time in the forum. Despite your configure. Thanks.

    Regards
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Time and Einstein..

    On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 16:16:01 +0000, jonte1 wrote:

    > It seems that it take overnight (whois) before I can read the "right"
    > time in the forum. Despite your configure. Thanks.
    >
    > Regards


    Probably just the expiration of a cookie.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •