Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Change email in settings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sampa
    Posts
    45

    Default Change email in settings

    OpenSUSE 13.1 – KDE 4.11.3


    Hi all!


    I just logged into the openSUSE forum and went to the settings in order to change my email-address. I was asked to enter my password and I informed my new email. When I clicked on Save Changes I got the message that my password is invalid although I had used the same one as in the log in area. I repeated this a couple of times and I always got the same error message. The password must be correct, because I was able to log in. So, why does the system tell me that it is wrong?



    Hope anybody of you can help me.


    Thanks!
    ASUS 1225/R252 - AMD E-450 APU with with 1,650 MHz - 3.5 GB RAM - 320 GB HD

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    Hi dank245 and welcome.

    Just a shot in the dark: When I run into such issues, it is mostly thanks to my paranoia about cookies. Have you tried with "allow cookies" (maybe even 3rd party)?

    rds

    kasi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sampa
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    Quote Originally Posted by kasi042 View Post
    Hi dank245 and welcome.

    Just a shot in the dark: When I run into such issues, it is mostly thanks to my paranoia about cookies. Have you tried with "allow cookies" (maybe even 3rd party)?

    rds

    kasi
    Hi Kasi,

    Thanks for the shot in the dark, but it didn't work out. As you suggested I allowed cookies in Firefox and Rekonq but my password continues "invalid".
    ASUS 1225/R252 - AMD E-450 APU with with 1,650 MHz - 3.5 GB RAM - 320 GB HD

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 23:06:01 +0000, dank245 wrote:

    > kasi042;2607417 Wrote:
    >> Hi dank245 and welcome.
    >>
    >> Just a shot in the dark: When I run into such issues, it is mostly
    >> thanks to my paranoia about cookies. Have you tried with "allow
    >> cookies"
    >> (maybe even 3rd party)?
    >>
    >> rds
    >>
    >> kasi

    >
    > Hi Kasi,
    >
    > Thanks for the shot in the dark, but it didn't work out. As you
    > suggested I allowed cookies in Firefox and Rekonq but my password
    > continues "invalid".


    It's nothing to do with that. The password entry form you're being
    presented with is the built-in vBulletin password entry form, which we
    don't use. Per the FAQ, please send a PM to an administrator with your
    new e-mail address, and we'll change it for you.

    Thanks,

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sampa
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 23:06:01 +0000, dank245 wrote:

    > kasi042;2607417 Wrote:
    >> Hi dank245 and welcome.
    >>
    >> Just a shot in the dark: When I run into such issues, it is mostly
    >> thanks to my paranoia about cookies. Have you tried with "allow
    >> cookies"
    >> (maybe even 3rd party)?
    >>
    >> rds
    >>
    >> kasi

    >
    > Hi Kasi,
    >
    > Thanks for the shot in the dark, but it didn't work out. As you
    > suggested I allowed cookies in Firefox and Rekonq but my password
    > continues "invalid".


    It's nothing to do with that. The password entry form you're being
    presented with is the built-in vBulletin password entry form, which we
    don't use. Per the FAQ, please send a PM to an administrator with your
    new e-mail address, and we'll change it for you.

    Thanks,

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at openSUSE Forums FAQ


    Hi Jim,

    OK, thanks for your answer. As you are an administrator can I send my new email-address to you? If yes, how do I get in touch with you?
    ASUS 1225/R252 - AMD E-450 APU with with 1,650 MHz - 3.5 GB RAM - 320 GB HD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    Quote Originally Posted by dank245 View Post
    Hi Jim,

    OK, thanks for your answer. As you are an administrator can I send my new email-address to you? If yes, how do I get in touch with you?
    To contact Jim via PM, do this:

    Go to his post above and click on his name (hendersj) where it is written in blue
    You will get a pop-up with choices, one of which is "Private Message", click on that.

    Or you could go to his page by clicking here:



    https://forums.opensuse.org/members/hendersj.html


    And send a PM from there.


    HTH

    Tumbleweed/KDE/Ati Radeon R9 270/AMD FX-6300/8Gb DDR3

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:26:01 +0000, dank245 wrote:

    > OK, thanks for your answer. As you are an administrator can I send my
    > new email-address to you? If yes, how do I get in touch with you?


    Actually, our technical admin pointed out to me that we need you to use
    the feedback link at the bottom of the page - that way he gets it and can
    get it changed properly so everything works. There's apparently a
    place on the backend that he needs to set it at as well, or the
    notifications won't come through (as we found with wakou recently).

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sampa
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:26:01 +0000, dank245 wrote:

    > OK, thanks for your answer. As you are an administrator can I send my
    > new email-address to you? If yes, how do I get in touch with you?


    Actually, our technical admin pointed out to me that we need you to use
    the feedback link at the bottom of the page - that way he gets it and can
    get it changed properly so everything works. There's apparently a
    place on the backend that he needs to set it at as well, or the
    notifications won't come through (as we found with wakou recently).

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at openSUSE Forums FAQ
    Hi Jim!

    OK, fair enough, I'll try it this way. But I was not able to find a "feedback" link neither over here in the forum nor in "Edit Email & Password" settings. So, may it be the "Contact us" link or is it somewhere else to find?
    ASUS 1225/R252 - AMD E-450 APU with with 1,650 MHz - 3.5 GB RAM - 320 GB HD

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,317

    Default Re: Change email in settings

    On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:16:02 +0000, dank245 wrote:

    > hendersj;2607925 Wrote:
    >> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:26:01 +0000, dank245 wrote:
    >>
    >> > OK, thanks for your answer. As you are an administrator can I send my
    >> > new email-address to you? If yes, how do I get in touch with you?

    >>
    >> Actually, our technical admin pointed out to me that we need you to use
    >> the feedback link at the bottom of the page - that way he gets it and
    >> can get it changed properly so everything works. There's apparently
    >> a place on the backend that he needs to set it at as well, or the
    >> notifications won't come through (as we found with wakou recently).
    >>
    >> Jim --
    >> Jim Henderson openSUSE Forums Administrator Forum Use Terms &
    >> Conditions at 'openSUSE Forums FAQ' (http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C)

    >
    > Hi Jim!
    >
    > OK, fair enough, I'll try it this way. But I was not able to find a
    > "feedback" link neither over here in the forum nor in "Edit Email &
    > Password" settings. So, may it be the "Contact us" link or is it
    > somewhere else to find?


    Yes, sorry, it's the "Contact Us" link that is used.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •