Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: missing library

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near México City
    Posts
    175

    Default missing library

    Hi,
    I'm trying to run "Scilab" and get this message:

    scilab-bin: /home/antonio/scilab/scilab-5.4.1/lib/thirdparty/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16)

    Tried to find it in the web and...nothing!

    Could you help me, please?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,096

    Default Re: missing library

    And you are using openSUSE version ... ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: missing library

    On 2013-12-09 20:06, jazmiel wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to run "Scilab" and get this message:
    >
    > scilab-bin: /home/antonio/scilab/scilab-5.4.1/lib/thirdparty/libz.so.1:


    Provided by "libz1...rpm". Install it.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near México City
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: missing library

    opensuse 13.1


    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    And you are using openSUSE version ... ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near México City
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: missing library

    Hola Carlos,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I do not know where to find this package. Can you tell me?

    Saludos



    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-12-09 20:06, jazmiel wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to run "Scilab" and get this message:
    >
    > scilab-bin: /home/antonio/scilab/scilab-5.4.1/lib/thirdparty/libz.so.1:


    Provided by "libz1...rpm". Install it.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    16,287

    Default Re: missing library

    Go to yast-software management search for libz1. Note you may want to tick the provides box under search

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: missing library

    On 2013-12-09 22:06, jazmiel wrote:
    >
    > Hola Carlos,
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I do not know where to find this package. Can you tell me?


    package management, search. It is part of the distribution. You install
    it just as any other package.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near México City
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: missing library

    Thank you very much for your help and time!

    Saludos

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-12-09 22:06, jazmiel wrote:
    >
    > Hola Carlos,
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I do not know where to find this package. Can you tell me?


    package management, search. It is part of the distribution. You install
    it just as any other package.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near México City
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: missing library

    Really thank you for your time and support

    Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Go to yast-software management search for libz1. Note you may want to tick the provides box under search

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Near México City
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: missing library

    Hi again!
    I installed the package via yast and also (finally found it in the web) installed it via konsole using rpm command
    The point is that Scilab is not running still.
    How can i get it working?

    Thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by jazmiel View Post
    Thank you very much for your help and time!

    Saludos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •