Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "I don't know why openSUSE, as much as I respect it, doesn't stand out more.."

Default "I don't know why openSUSE, as much as I respect it, doesn't stand out more.."

Hello! I don’t know if this is the right forum to post in? Please then adm move it or delete it then. I'm pleased with 13.1 after fixing some minor hiccup.

I have read a lot of reviews the latest days over 13.1. Both from who have tested it and only reported information from others.

I read today something that struck my mind from Linux Today - Linux News On Internet Time. and to Should Microsoft and Sony worry about Valve and SteamOS? | ITworld on the openSUSE 13.1 Review, -DistroWatch has a review of openSUSE 13.1. I went there and read: DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. "I don't know why openSUSE, as much as I respect it, doesn't stand out more in my thoughts. Perhaps the openSUSE project just doesn't attract as much news coverage as other open source projects."

That reminded me of the tours whit owners changes and strategy document from Suse/Opensuse. What do I do about it? I have at least talking to a database-guru that is almost neighbor running ubuntu and openbox to have a look on Opensuse. He was up to write a new packet manager for Gentoo.

First comment from him, -what is mariaDB? Second, -and it is fast. Fast even on packet manager but.. Well Rome wasn’t constructed in a day.

I wish all of you a pleasant Sunday after -38C last night in the north and another 10cm of snow later today at my place in Sweden.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Default Re: "I don't know why openSUSE, as much as I respect it, doesn't stand out more.."

This is CLOSED for the moment and will be moved to General ChitChat.
    Henk van Velden

Default Re: "I don't know why openSUSE, as much as I respect it, doesn't stand out more.."

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    This is CLOSED for the moment and will be moved to General ChitChat.
    Moved from Tech news and open again.
    Henk van Velden

Moved from Tech news and open again.
    Thank you hcvv for the direction to another forum on the site. I think I still have a point but I’m not after "trolling" on forums.opensuse.org. My fault then. Can you as a adm check out why the forum still reports 76 comments after comments from me?

No I'm not chasing greens bars and classification as a Penguin that are doing some good.

Greetings.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte1 View Post
    Thank you hcvv for the direction to another forum on the site. I think I still have a point but I’m not after "trolling" on forums.opensuse.org. My fault then. Can you as a adm check out why the forum still reports 76 comments after comments from me?

No I'm not chasing greens bars and classification as a Penguin that are doing some good.

Greetings.
    I took your thread serious, but it not what we call Tech News. Which is in fact mostly pointers to technical interesteing articles else on the web. People will mostly read such articles (or not) without further comment, or will post a short comment on it. My assumprtion was that you want a discussion about your statement. Well, General Chitchat is for that.

I am not an admin, "only" a moderator. I do not quite understand what you mean, or where you see what you report. When you have problems/questions about forum usage, we have (sub)forum in Forums Feedback > How to use the Forums.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonte1 View Post
    Can you as a adm check out why the forum still reports 76 comments after comments from me?
    I'm just an ordinary user here.

I'm not at all sure what you are asking. I do notice that it reports you as having made 77 posts. And presumably that number would have been 76 when you were composing your last post. So I guess you are asking something about that. But I'm still not sure what it is that you see as a problem.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

I have been using SUSE/openSUSE since around year 2000, even buying the subscription service for many years during the 9.x period, but since version 12.2, I do not understand what the design purpose of openSUSE is, other than to be a test sandbox for the Enterprise offerings. For me the only thing about openSUSE which stands out is YAST, otherwise, how is it significantly different than Fedora? My short answer: "Nothing." But please, I am open to other answers.

I took your thread serious, but it not what we call Tech News. Which is in fact mostly pointers to technical interesteing articles else on the web. People will mostly read such articles (or not) without further comment, or will post a short comment on it. My assumprtion was that you want a discussion about your statement. Well, General Chitchat is for that.

I am not an admin, "only" a moderator. I do not quite understand what you mean, or where you see what you report. When you have problems/questions about forum usage, we have (sub)forum in Forums Feedback > How to use the Forums.
    --Ok. Fine with me. Understand me or not and it was not meaning.. The last large company I was working for did migration to from Novell to SES (Entreprise server). At least I did something right.

It has started to snow here and Dutch and Swedish are quite simular.

Regards.

Default Re: "I don't know why openSUSE, as much as I respect it, doesn'tstand out more.."

On 2013-12-08 17:06, nrickert wrote:
    >
    > jonte1;2606333 Wrote:
    >> Can you as a adm check out why the forum still reports 76 comments after
    >> comments from me?

>
    > I'm just an ordinary user here.
    >
    > I'm not at all sure what you are asking. I do notice that it reports
    > you as having made 77 posts. And presumably that number would have been
    > 76 when you were composing your last post. So I guess you are asking
    > something about that. But I'm still not sure what it is that you see as
    > a problem.

Number of views? :-?

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

Quote Originally Posted by BSDuser View Post
    I have been using SUSE/openSUSE since around year 2000, even buying the subscription service for many years during the 9.x period, but since version 12.2, I do not understand what the design purpose of openSUSE is, other than to be a test sandbox for the Enterprise offerings. For me the only thing about openSUSE which stands out is YAST, otherwise, how is it significantly different than Fedora? My short answer: "Nothing." But please, I am open to other answers.
    Hello my twin brother? (joking). I was responding on a bug report a couple of hours ago in 13.1 and Back-in-Time. The year 2000 and even buying the subscription service for many years during the 9.x period feels familiar.

Tanks for your input.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast