Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

  1. #1

    Question How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

    Today i tried to switch from kde to gnome(opensuse 12.2), after installing gnome---bad things happened! I can only log in tty1-6, x window crashed. cannot start x window, recovery mode won't help! (Be careful if you want to do the same thing)
    So I made a bootable stick and installed the latest opensuse 13.1, but I cannot use Chinese now. Even though I've installed ibus-googlepinyin, sunpinyin, both can run normally, but just cannot input any Chinese character!
    Guys,Any idea to help me?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

    On 2013-12-07 15:56, Mesopotamian wrote:
    >
    > Today i tried to switch from kde to gnome(opensuse 12.2), after
    > installing gnome---bad things happened! I can only log in tty1-6, x
    > window crashed. cannot start x window, recovery mode won't help! (Be
    > careful if you want to do the same thing)


    I do that always, no problems at all.

    > So I made a bootable stick and installed the latest opensuse 13.1, but I
    > cannot use Chinese now. Even though I've installed ibus-googlepinyin,
    > sunpinyin, both can run normally, but just cannot input any Chinese
    > character!
    > Guys,Any idea to help me?


    I think you need ibus. There is a conflict with the libreoffice kde
    package: if you have one, the other is removed.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

    Hi Mesopotamian,

    You can try scim. It should be available in the OSS repository (at least for 12.2 it is).

    rds

    Kasi

  4. #4

    Red face Re: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kasi042 View Post
    Hi Mesopotamian,

    You can try scim. It should be available in the OSS repository (at least for 12.2 it is).

    rds

    Kasi
    I've already solved Chinese problem with ibus last night , seems ibus has googlepinyin(aweson input method), I also tried scim in 12.1, but I cannot input Chinese with scim(Maybe I'm just dumb enough). Thanks anyway!

  5. #5

    Red face Re: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-12-07 15:56, Mesopotamian wrote:
    >
    > Today i tried to switch from kde to gnome(opensuse 12.2), after
    > installing gnome---bad things happened! I can only log in tty1-6, x
    > window crashed. cannot start x window, recovery mode won't help! (Be
    > careful if you want to do the same thing)


    I do that always, no problems at all.

    > So I made a bootable stick and installed the latest opensuse 13.1, but I
    > cannot use Chinese now. Even though I've installed ibus-googlepinyin,
    > sunpinyin, both can run normally, but just cannot input any Chinese
    > character!
    > Guys,Any idea to help me?


    I think you need ibus. There is a conflict with the libreoffice kde
    package: if you have one, the other is removed.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

    Problem solved with ibus! Thanks. A conflict with libre kde package? Seems libreoffice can display Chinese normally on my computer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?

    On 2013-12-08 05:56, Mesopotamian wrote:

    >
    > Problem solved with ibus! Thanks. A conflict with libre kde package?
    > Seems libreoffice can display Chinese normally on my computer.


    Yes, it works. It is only the package that does the KDE flavouring of
    LO. Dialog styles, etc. People say that LO in KDE is ugly without it.
    Dunno myself, I use the gtk customization.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: How to input Chinese(simplified) in Opensuse 13.1 ?


    > Problem solved with ibus!

    很 好!
    scim 也 不 错。


    BTW, can you write pīnyīn with ibus? With scim I can only get the Chinese characters but not pīnyīn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •