Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 13.1 DVD says welcome & dies

Default Re: 13.1 DVD says welcome & dies

You can use by label but then you must insure that any mounted file system as a unique label. IMO that is the best way to insure a cloned boot. But again you can not have both drives mounted at the same time because of duplicae naming.

By-id is ok but then you must edit the fstab and reinstall grub and maybe initd to reflect the new id's But you can have both drives mounted at the same time

Using/dev/sdx# naming avoids this problem but the sdx can change in situation depending on what is attached to the system

So there is no perfect way but depends on the way you plan to use the system

Default Re: 13.1 DVD says welcome & dies

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    You can use by label but then you must insure that any mounted file system as a unique label. IMO that is the best way to insure a cloned boot. But again you can not have both drives mounted at the same time because of duplicae naming.

By-id is ok but then you must edit the fstab and reinstall grub and maybe initd to reflect the new id's But you can have both drives mounted at the same time

Using/dev/sdx# naming avoids this problem but the sdx can change in situation depending on what is attached to the system

So there is no perfect way but depends on the way you plan to use the system
    The above is quoted and responded to here. I think this particular thread has drifted so far that it's best to just tie a knot in the end and call it done. [/smile]
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112