Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is going wrong with oxygen-icon-theme?

Default What is going wrong with oxygen-icon-theme?

Recently, I tried to add VLC to my openSUSE 13.1 EEE PC netbook. Yast locked up downloading the oxygen-icon-theme. Apparently it's needed as a dependency. The distro wasn't working very well anyway, so I tried a new net install of 13.1. Yast locked up downloading oxygen-icon-theme, and the install will not progress from there. On a different machine, a 64bit Athlon II under Virtualbox, I ran a simple online update. Yast packed up on guess what? Downloading oxygen-icon-theme. Something is wrong here! These machines have nothing in common, not even the same (yes I ran md5sum) DVDs. Why would they all lock upwhen they come to the download oxygen-icon-theme line?

Default Re: What is going wrong with oxygen-icon-theme?

More information. My big box runs 12.3, not 13.1 as above. I tried to install oxygen-icon-theme alone, and Yast crashed again. Nothing short of a kill -9 (pid) will return control.

How and where are you downloading from?

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    How and where are you downloading from?
    The default repository for the website downloads, I guess, for the 13.1 install DVDs. For my 12.3 main machine, it's from download.opensuse.org, download.videolan.org, ftp.gwdg.de, and opensuse-guide.org.

Still confused are you using zypper/yast/appr??? Or are you actually downloading from the repo via wec browser or ftp or............

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Still confused are you using zypper/yast/appr??? Or are you actually downloading from the repo via wec browser or ftp or............
    Yast for the big machine, the net install disk for the netbook.

After I made my first post, I tried installing the oxygen-icon-theme by itself. No luck. Yast again locks up solid. The two machines couldn't be more different, but in all instances oxygen-icon-theme locked up in the same place, about 92% finished.

I'm going to try the 13.1 net install like you did and see if I can reproduce your errors. In the meantime, try switching mirrors? I dont know about how the installer does this and if it even matters but maybe the mirror you are defaulting to has corrupt files or something?

Quote Originally Posted by alanbortu View Post
    I'm going to try the 13.1 net install like you did and see if I can reproduce your errors. In the meantime, try switching mirrors? I dont know about how the installer does this and if it even matters but maybe the mirror you are defaulting to has corrupt files or something?
    Thanks! I just "discovered" the f4 alternate server feature, which I would have tried had I found it first. Now I'm off to find one of those alternate addresses. The install just has the one download.opensuse.org default.

f4 feature doesn't "find" the entered mirror. It seems to be inextricably mixed in with the wireless configuration, which I do not use.

I'll be back later to try again.

Well I am running it now and so far no issues. Here you can see I successfully installed oxygen-icon-theme in the VM.

I am using virtualbox with the 64bit version of the OS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast