Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Delay With v. 13.1

Default Long Delay With v. 13.1

I just upgraded from v. 12.3 to v. 13.1 (64-bit) using the DVD method.

There is a long pause after I make my selection in the GRUB2 screen and before the appearance of the login screen. The pause is about 70 seconds! This problem already existed when I had v. 12.3 installed, and I just decided to put a stop to this.

Any ideas as to what could be causing such a long delay?

Default Re: Long Delay With v. 13.1

Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    Any ideas as to what could be causing such a long delay?
    Install the package "systemd-analyze" if needed and have a look at the output of:
    Code:
    systemd-analyze blame
    You can see then what service takes so long to start.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Install the package "systemd-analyze" if needed and have a look at the output of:
    Code:
    systemd-analyze blame
    You can see then what service takes so long to start.
    Do I have to add a special repository for downloading systemd-analyze? YaST2 -> Software Management does not find it...

Should be in the regular repos. It may be part of another package so in search tick the box for provides

Blog Entries

sometimes, as soon as you have started the boot process from grub, hit Esc.
    you see boot messages, you may see the delay and message associated with it
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Should be in the regular repos. It may be part of another package so in search tick the box for provides
    Got it! It is part of the "systemd" package.

this is the output of systemd-analyze blame:
    Code:
    # systemd-analyze blame
             21.916s network.service
             20.843s network@eth0.service
              2.359s ntp.service
              2.134s systemd-udev-root-symlink.service
              2.124s cycle.service
              2.026s lvm2-activation-early.service
              1.832s kmod-static-nodes.service
              1.443s systemd-vconsole-setup.service
              1.185s systemd-modules-load.service
              1.144s systemd-remount-fs.service
              1.000s plymouth-start.service
               889ms systemd-udev-settle.service
               788ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service
               626ms systemd-readahead-replay.service
               625ms systemd-readahead-collect.service
               624ms dev-hugepages.mount
               623ms dev-mqueue.mount
               623ms sys-kernel-debug.mount
               546ms lvm2-activation.service
               528ms systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2did-ata\x2dST3500320AS_9QMAETGT\x2dpart3.service
               527ms ModemManager.service
               505ms avahi-daemon.service
               370ms console-kit-log-system-start.service
               370ms alsa-restore.service
               323ms user@1000.service
               304ms polkit.service
               294ms bluetooth.service
               270ms irq_balancer.service
               231ms systemd-hostnamed.service
               219ms plymouth-read-write.service
               196ms apparmor.service
               180ms NetworkManager-dispatcher.service
               166ms systemd-logind.service
               132ms rsyslog.service
               129ms rpcbind.service
               107ms xdm.service
               107ms wpa_supplicant.service
                83ms systemd-random-seed.service
                67ms systemd-sysctl.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
                53ms home.mount                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                50ms console-kit-daemon.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                32ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
                29ms rtkit-daemon.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                26ms udisks2.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                14ms systemd-udev-trigger.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
                 5ms dev-disk-by\x2did-ata\x2dST3500320AS_9QMAETGT\x2dpart1.swap                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                 4ms upower.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
                 4ms systemd-update-utmp.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                 4ms systemd-user-sessions.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
                 4ms rc-local.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
                 3ms systemd-journal-flush.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
                 3ms sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
                 2ms systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                 2ms var-run.mount                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
                 2ms systemd-readahead-done.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
                 1ms systemd-udevd.service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                 1ms var-lock.mount
    I am not much of an expert but there seems to be a problem with the network service. Any suggestions as to how to rectify the problem?

Blog Entries

I'd suggest using kde's network manager
    try adding the loopback https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...k/Hostname.png

also disable IPv6
    reboot
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    Got it! It is part of the "systemd" package.
    Yes, sorry.
    In 12.3 it was an extra package...

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I'd suggest using kde's network manager
    try adding the loopback https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...k/Hostname.png

also disable IPv6
    reboot
    Both the change hostname and assign hostname options are already checked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast