Thread: Asus UX31 + Opensuse 13.1 + Powermanagment

Default Asus UX31 + Opensuse 13.1 + Powermanagment

The Asus UX31A (Zenbook Prime) is working fine with Opensuse 13.1., but some points have to be optimised manually:
    • for installation see: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/g...-13-1-rc2.html
    • Powermanagment: you should install laptop-mode-tools
    • laptop-mode-tools have one disadvantage, USB devices like a pointer or mouse sleep when used in battery. This can be circumvented by modifying "/etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/usb-autosuspend.conf" (dolphin as root, kwrite for modifying the conf file). Here, AUTOSUSPEND_USBTYPE_BLACKLIST="" has to be changed to AUTOSUSPEND_USBTYPE_BLACKLIST="usbhid usb-storage"
    • intel and realtek audio is always on 100%. You can change this with following script (use kwrite as root):
      • make file with following text in /etc/init.d/:
        • #! /bin/bash
          ### BEGIN INIT INFO
          # Provides: soundsave
          # Required-Start:
          # Required-Stop:
          # Default-Start: 5
          # Default-Stop:
          # Description: sound powermanagement
          ### END INIT INFO

echo 10 > /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save

• I named this file soundsave
      • Now you have to use the terminal as root and go to /etc/init.d/ and type in following commands:
        • chmod +x soundsave
        • insserv soundsave

• Now, go to /sbin/ and type in following commands:
        • ln -s /etc/init.d/soundsave rcsoundsave

• Start the script with:
        • rcsoundsave start

• You can also stop the script with "rcsoundsave stop". You can also activate/inactivate the script also with the runlevel editor in Yast

Michael

Default Re: Asus UX31 + Opensuse 13.1 + Powermanagment

For what it's worth, I've been having trouble with openSUSE 13.1 power management on my Dell Latitude D630 (I know... old... but I like it and I don't like any of the alternatives out there right now) until I installed the laptop-mode-tools. The power management system would just stop working entirely until I logged out and logged back in. This would happen if I unplugged my laptop to go someplace else with it. It all appears to be working now.

Thanks everybody!
    If I am going to be spontaneous, I have to plan for it.

www.CubicleNate.com