Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADT on OpenSUSE 13.1

Default ADT on OpenSUSE 13.1

I can't start the ADT (Android Development Tool). When I start the Eclipse it ask to specify the workspace and then it close.
    At firs it suggested
    Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
    Then it gave me
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    #
    #
    # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (7.0_45-b31) (build 1.7.0_45-b31)
    # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [libgobject-2.0.so.0+0x1a6b8] g_object_get_qdata+0x18
    #
    # Core dump written. Default location: /home/volter/Code/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030/eclipse/core or core.1138
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # /tmp/jvm-1138/hs_error.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
    # instructions on how to reproduce the bug and visit:
    # Bugzilla Main Page
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #

Default Re: ADT on OpenSUSE 13.1

I have the same problem -- it appears that there are a lot of 32bit programs in the bundle, and 13.1 does not correctly set up the *.so links that they need. I did a lot of hand linking and I still am missing some libraries. adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514 works fine on 12.3, but I am trying
    adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030 on a fresh install of 13.1. Almost bedtime now, so will try again tomorrow.

adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514 crashes on 13.1 also in spite of having all 32bit libraries satisfied. It appears from another thread that eclipse itself has the problem:

https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...se-13-1-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by marktgray View Post
    adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514 crashes on 13.1 also in spite of having all 32bit libraries satisfied. It appears from another thread that eclipse itself has the problem:

https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...se-13-1-a.html
    Yes, have a look at this especially: https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...ml#post2600542
    Does it help if you change the Gtk2 theme to Raleigh in Configure Desktop->Application Appearance->GTK?

Yes -- changing Gtk theme to Raleigh does fix the problem for adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130514.

Unfortunately, adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030 uses some shared libraries which openSUSE does not include in 13.1 (or 12.3 for that matter.)

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20131030 uses some shared libraries which openSUSE does not include in 13.1 (or 12.3 for that matter.)
    And which ones?
    Maybe you can find them on software.opensuse.org: Search ...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    And which ones?
    Maybe you can find them on software.opensuse.org: Search ...
    It is missing libjnigraphics.so --> a search on software.opensuse.org did not find it, but google has some links to other people with same problem, so I will try to research some more. Thanks.

It is missing libjnigraphics.so --> a search on software.opensuse.org did not find it, but google has some links to other people with same problem, so I will try to research some more. Thanks.
    That should be part of the Android NDK, so of course it's not included in openSUSE. So I would think this should be included in ADT?
    Can't help you there, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    That should be part of the Android NDK, so of course it's not included in openSUSE. So I would think this should be included in ADT?
    Can't help you there, sorry!
    You are right -- located a copy on android.googlesource.com, stuck it in an appropriate directory, and everything is working beautifully. Thanks.

You are right -- located a copy on android.googlesource.com, stuck it in an appropriate directory, and everything is working beautifully. Thanks.
    Thanks, but please state where was it found in android.googlesource.com,and in which directory you placed it in your machine.

Thanks again,

Julio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast