Thread: libSDL2_mixer not found in 13.1 repos

Default libSDL2_mixer not found in 13.1 repos

In official repos of openSUSE 13.1 there are: libSDL2, libSDL2_image, libSDL2_ttf and their respectively devel packages.
    But no sign of libSDL2_mixer, this library is needed for play sounds on a SDL application.

Deprecated ? Not included by legal restrictions ? Pending to "push" to official repo ?

Thanks.

Default Re: libSDL2_mixer not found in 13.1 repos

Quote Originally Posted by dvlara View Post
    In official repos of openSUSE 13.1 there are: libSDL2, libSDL2_image, libSDL2_ttf and their respectively devel packages.
    But no sign of libSDL2_mixer, this library is needed for play sounds on a SDL application.

Deprecated ? Not included by legal restrictions ? Pending to "push" to official repo ?
    Which applications do you mean?

Most still use libSDL1 and therefore libSDL_mixer-1_2-0, which _is_ included in the distribution. And libSDL_image-1_2-0 and libSDL_ttf-2_0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Which applications do you mean?

Most still use libSDL1 and therefore libSDL_mixer-1_2-0, which _is_ included in the distribution. And libSDL_image-1_2-0 and libSDL_ttf-2_0-0.
    Well, I mean develop a game/application in SDL2.

In others distributions (ArchLinux, for example) sdl_mixer comes with other sdl packages (ttf, image, etc.). In 12.3 SDL2 packages are made by "games" repo (disabled for 13.1, because this version now comes with SDL2, buts seems that is not complete).

I think that best option is to create a new bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by dvlara View Post
    Well, I mean develop a game/application in SDL2.

In others distributions (ArchLinux, for example) sdl_mixer comes with other sdl packages (ttf, image, etc.). In 12.3 SDL2 packages are made by "games" repo (disabled for 13.1, because this version now comes with SDL2, buts seems that is not complete).
    Yeah, right. This one is missing in 13.1.
    I think I read somewhere that there was a build problem in the development phase of 13.1, so it didn't end up in the 13.1 repo.

I think that best option is to create a new bug report.
    Yes.
    Maybe it would be enough if they enable the build for 13.1 in the games repo?