Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

  1. #1

    Default 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    Hello, when trying to check the history of installed packages...


    "Failed to load history
    URL scheme is a required component"

    openSUSE 13.1 32
    clean install

  2. #2

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyX View Post
    Hello, when trying to check the history of installed packages...


    "Failed to load history
    URL scheme is a required component"

    openSUSE 13.1 32
    clean install
    And how/where are you trying to check the history of installed packages?

  3. #3

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    And how/where are you trying to check the history of installed packages?
    YsST2 - Online update/Software
    management - Extras - History

  4. #4

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyX View Post
    YsST2 - Online update/Software
    management - Extras - History
    Works fine here.
    Which GUI are you using? Gtk or Qt?
    It works with both here though...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    On 2013-11-26 15:16, wolfi323 wrote:
    >
    > JeremyX;2602097 Wrote:
    >> YsST2 - Online update/Software
    >> management - Extras - History

    > Works fine here.
    > Which GUI are you using? Gtk or Qt?
    > It works with both here though...


    I tried the QT variant, it worked. Probably he is missing a library, but
    which?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  6. #6

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-11-26 15:16, wolfi323 wrote:
    >
    > JeremyX;2602097 Wrote:
    >> YsST2 - Online update/Software
    >> management - Extras - History

    > Works fine here.
    > Which GUI are you using? Gtk or Qt?
    > It works with both here though...


    I tried the QT variant, it worked. Probably he is missing a library, but
    which?
    Good question.
    The history dialog is in libyui-qt-pkg5, if he would be missing that, the whole YaST->Software Management would not start.
    And this calls a function in libzypp to get the history. Also unlikely to miss.

    But I found this now:
    Support | URL scheme is a required component
    ZMD is not included anymore in openSUSE and the zypper cache is now in /var/cache/zypp/, so I guess the fix would boil down to:
    Code:
    The zypper cache has become corrupt.  To resolve this issue, do the following:
    
    rm -rf /var/cache/zypp
    zypper ref

  7. #7

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    I tried this and no luck.

  8. #8

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-11-26 15:16, wolfi323 wrote:
    >
    > JeremyX;2602097 Wrote:
    >> YsST2 - Online update/Software
    >> management - Extras - History

    > Works fine here.
    > Which GUI are you using? Gtk or Qt?
    > It works with both here though...


    I tried the QT variant, it worked. Probably he is missing a library, but
    which?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)
    There may some way to check what library is missing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    On 2013-11-26 21:26, JeremyX wrote:

    > There may some way to check what library is missing?


    Try to start the program from a terminal to see if it says something there.

    Else, have a good look at the logs in "/var/log/yast/"

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  10. #10

    Default Re: 13.1 "Failed to load history URL scheme is a required component"

    I guess something went wrong with the first installation. I reinstalled the system and now works correctly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •