Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    236

    Default Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    I installed an addon called 'Complete Youtube Saver' in Firefox,but it doesn't located the ffmpeg needed,



    So I browse and found ffmpeg folder in usr/share,but it doesn't recognize it,still showing 'ffmpeg not found'.



    Any suggestion?
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by marcoslai View Post
    I installed an addon called 'Complete Youtube Saver' in Firefox,but it doesn't located the ffmpeg needed,
    So, do you actually have ffmpeg installed?
    Code:
    rpm -qi ffmpeg
    So I browse and found ffmpeg folder in usr/share,but it doesn't recognize it,still showing 'ffmpeg not found'.
    I guess you'll have to supply the ffmpeg executable /usr/bin/ffmpeg.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,792
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    You need to enable the Packman repo
    - Yast - Software - Software repositories - Community. Select the Packman repo, trust the key when prompted for
    - Softwaremanager - search for 'ffmpeg', check for install.

    Next the add-on should find it since the ffmpeg executable is in /usr/bin and ./usr/bin is in the PATH.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by marcoslai View Post
    I installed an addon called 'Complete Youtube Saver' in Firefox,but it doesn't located the ffmpeg needed,



    So I browse and found ffmpeg folder in usr/share,but it doesn't recognize it,still showing 'ffmpeg not found'.



    Any suggestion?
    We get our support for that from the application "gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg - GStreamer Streaming-Media FFmpeg Plug-In". You should confirm this is loaded for openSUSE 13.1. if you use that version, which I am not sure you mentioned. For multimedia support here are the guides:

    openSUSE 13,1: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ca...ion-guide-149/

    openSUSE 12.1: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ca...ion-guide-126/

    As far as I know, openSUSE does not provide direct support for Firefox addins, but you must install the required codes which is the purpose of the two blogs you need to use. Good luck.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    So, do you actually have ffmpeg installed?
    Code:
    rpm -qi ffmpeg

    I guess you'll have to supply the ffmpeg executable /usr/bin/ffmpeg.
    Yes,I installed ffmpeg from pacman.
    Solved. It found,in usr/bin. Thank you.
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    You need to enable the Packman repo
    - Yast - Software - Software repositories - Community. Select the Packman repo, trust the key when prompted for
    - Softwaremanager - search for 'ffmpeg', check for install.

    Next the add-on should find it since the ffmpeg executable is in /usr/bin and ./usr/bin is in the PATH.
    Solved. Found in usr/bin. Thank you.
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Firefox addon couldn't located ffmpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    We get our support for that from the application "gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg - GStreamer Streaming-Media FFmpeg Plug-In". You should confirm this is loaded for openSUSE 13.1. if you use that version, which I am not sure you mentioned. For multimedia support here are the guides:

    openSUSE 13,1: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ca...ion-guide-149/

    openSUSE 12.1: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ca...ion-guide-126/

    As far as I know, openSUSE does not provide direct support for Firefox addins, but you must install the required codes which is the purpose of the two blogs you need to use. Good luck.

    Thank You,
    Thanks,I visited that site. Solved,it found in usr/bin. Thank you.
    Dell Latitude D620~Intel Core2Duo T2300 1.66GHz~Intel 945GM~DDR2 667 2GB~openSUSE 12.1 KDE x86.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •