Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

  1. #1

    Default opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Hi

    I updated 12.3 ==> 13.1 and Digikam principally works - but a lot of tools are missing:

    eg: autooptimiser, cpclean, cpfind, nona, pano_modify, pto2mk, ....



    Does anybody know where I can find these tools (at least not at software.opensuse.org)?

    Most of the tools are available (clicking search they show-up) but unusable - probably wrong version.

    Tx

    Werner

  2. #2

    Default Re: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Quote Originally Posted by fiesta88 View Post
    Hi

    I updated 12.3 ==> 13.1 and Digikam principally works - but a lot of tools are missing:

    eg: autooptimiser, cpclean, cpfind, nona, pano_modify, pto2mk, ....

    Your image is missing as well.
    You have to upload it to SUSE Paste or similar and post a link here.

    Does anybody know where I can find these tools (at least not at software.opensuse.org)?

    Most of the tools are available (clicking search they show-up) but unusable - probably wrong version.
    The software search doesn't work for the 13.1 standard repos ATM.
    It seems like they are not indexed yet.

    To search in the standard repos, use YaST->Software Management, or "zypper se".

  3. #3

    Default Re: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Hi thanks for your answer I tried zypper se and yast - and software.opensuse.org - but none of the packages mentioned in my thread showed up. Does nobody else has problems with "panorama tool" (= image stichter) or "exposure blending tool" in digikam? Tx

  4. #4

    Default Re: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Quote Originally Posted by fiesta88 View Post
    Hi thanks for your answer I tried zypper se and yast - and software.opensuse.org - but none of the packages mentioned in my thread showed up. Does nobody else has problems with "panorama tool" (= image stichter) or "exposure blending tool" in digikam? Tx
    OK, I see now what you mean.
    Those tools are there, but cannot be run because:
    Code:
    error while loading shared libraries: libhuginbase.so.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    This seems to be a general problem with the hugin package. The libraries are installed in /usr/lib(64)/hugin/ and therefore cannot be found.

    To fix that, create a file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/hugin.conf with the following content:
    Code:
    /usr/lib64/hugin
    or if you are on a 32bit system:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/hugin
    Then run "sudo /sbin/ldconfig" and it should work.

    This should be reported at http://bugzilla.novell.com/ so that the hugin package can get fixed.

    I will do so later, but you can as well if you want to (same username/password as here).

  5. #5

    Default Re: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    This should be reported at http://bugzilla.novell.com/ so that the hugin package can get fixed.

    I will do so later, but you can as well if you want to (same username/password as here).
    Already reported:
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=846944

  6. #6

    Thumbs up Re: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Hi

    thanks a lot - creating of hugin.conf and and then ldconfig sloved the problem!

    Now hugins works very well again!


    Thanks

    Werner

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post

  7. #7

    Default Re: opensuse 13.1 Digikam - tools are missing

    Quote Originally Posted by fiesta88 View Post
    thanks a lot - creating of hugin.conf and and then ldconfig sloved the problem!

    Now hugins works very well again!

    Actually a fixed package for 13.1 has already been created and should be provided as online update soon. (next week?)
    With this that hugin.conf workaround will no longer be necessary and can be removed again then...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •