Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kragujevac, Serbia
    Posts
    6

    Default LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    As of today, after updating LibreOffice to 4.1.3.2-2.2 from LibreOffice:Stable/openSUSE_12.3 repository I can't open any previously created documents since LibreOffice crashes without error message.


    Tried deleting both ./config/libreoffice/* and .kde4/share/config/LibreOfficerc but it doesn't help.

    Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

    Config:
    - openSUSE 12.3 64-bit
    - KDE 4.11 from KDE:Release:411/openSUSE_12.3
    - Oracle Java 1.7 update 45


    Extract from .xsession-errors


    Code:
    CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
    CLIENT: Task: emitting finished
    /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../program/libunordflo.so: undefined symbol: librdf_world_set_raptor_init_handler
    CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
    CLIENT: Task: emitting finished
    CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
    CLIENT: Task: emitting finished

  2. #2

    Default AW: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    Quote Originally Posted by bvelickovic View Post
    Code:
    CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
    CLIENT: Task: emitting finished
    /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../program/libunordflo.so: undefined symbol: librdf_world_set_raptor_init_handler
    CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
    CLIENT: Task: emitting finished
    CLIENT: Task: Task::done()
    CLIENT: Task: emitting finished
    This symbol is part of librdf/redland, but only since version 1.0.16 AFAIK. So check which version you have installed:
    Code:
    rpm -qi librdf0 libredland0

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kragujevac, Serbia
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    wolfi323 thank you for that hint - installing librdf0 from X11:/common:/Factory/openSUSE_12.3 solved the problem.

    However, if it would be helpful for other users I've previously tried installing librdf0 1.0.16 through Yast 1-click-install but it seems that there is a conflicting/obsolete package libredland0-1.0.15 in official Postgres-9 repo. Downloading the forementioned librdf0 package and rebuilding the local repository solved this glitch.

  4. #4

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    Quote Originally Posted by bvelickovic View Post
    wolfi323 thank you for that hint - installing librdf0 from X11:/common:/Factory/openSUSE_12.3 solved the problem.

    However, if it would be helpful for other users I've previously tried installing librdf0 1.0.16 through Yast 1-click-install but it seems that there is a conflicting/obsolete package libredland0-1.0.15 in official Postgres-9 repo. Downloading the forementioned librdf0 package and rebuilding the local repository solved this glitch.
    But 12.3 comes with libredland0-1.0.16, does that not work?
    You would have to uninstall librdf0 again of course to install that.

    Maybe you accidentally switched libredland0 to that version 1.0.15 from the Postgres-9 repo, causing the crash?

    The libredland0 package was just renamed to librdf0 for 13.1.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kragujevac, Serbia
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Maybe you accidentally switched libredland0 to that version 1.0.15 from the Postgres-9 repo, causing the crash?
    Probably I switched to Pg repo version at some point.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,433

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    I have regularly found that LibreOffice will not open older .odt files; fortunately, opening them with AbiWord, saving them as .doc files and re-opening them with LibreOffice solves the problem. So, though this may be a ‘new’ problem, it has existed in some form or another for quite a while.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    On 2013-11-19 23:16, john hudson wrote:
    >
    > I have regularly found that LibreOffice will not open older .odt files;
    > fortunately, opening them with AbiWord, saving them as .doc files and
    > re-opening them with LibreOffice solves the problem. So, though this may
    > be a ‘new’ problem, it has existed in some form or another for quite
    > a while.


    I have never seen this problem. I even have .sdw files dated 2001 and
    they open just fine.

    If you can not open .odt files created with a different version, you
    found a terrible bug that you have to report, because OpenOffice /
    LibreOffice prides themselves being superior as a document standard to
    Microsoft Office because they can perfectly handle old files.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    john hudson wrote:
    >
    > I have regularly found that LibreOffice will not open older .odt files;


    Is this the reason ?:-

    LibreOffice 4.x drops a few long-deprecated features, including
    support for legacy binary StarOffice files, export to legacy Word and
    Excel (version 6.0/95), and legacy ODMA document management.
    http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/


    --
    GNOME 3.6.2
    openSUSE Release 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64-bit
    Kernel Linux 3.7.10-1.16-desktop

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    On 2013-11-20 04:03, vazhavandan wrote:
    > john hudson wrote:
    >>
    >> I have regularly found that LibreOffice will not open older .odt files;

    >
    > Is this the reason ?:-
    >
    >
    LibreOffice 4.x drops a few long-deprecated features, including
    > support for legacy binary StarOffice files, export to legacy Word and
    > Excel (version 6.0/95), and legacy ODMA document management.


    Oh. I think this deserves going into the distro release notes.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: LibreOffice crashes on attempt to open .odt files

    Carlos E. R. wrote:

    > Oh. I think this deserves going into the distro release notes.
    >

    +1. The Libreoffice statement is also very vague in nature

    --
    GNOME 3.10.1
    openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 64-bit
    Kernel Linux 3.11.6-4-desktop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •