Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Default LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    Hi!

    Many of the dialogs in LibreOffice are too small, causing widgets to be hidden. Anyone knows why? Bug or something wrong with my desktop?

    TIA,
    Gunnar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,859

    Default Re: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    Quote Originally Posted by gugrim View Post
    Hi!

    Many of the dialogs in LibreOffice are too small, causing widgets to be hidden. Anyone knows why? Bug or something wrong with my desktop?

    TIA,
    Gunnar
    Maybe you can:
    a) tell which version of openSUSE you use;
    b) tell which desktop environment you use;
    c) explain a little bit more what you see, e.g by posting a screen shot at SUSE Paste
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    Hi and thanks for replying. Yes, I should have supplied a bit more info!
    I have OpenSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.10, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 and here is an example of a dialog:


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,859

    Default Re: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    I do not know if this helps, but I have here openSUSE 12.2, KDE 4.8.5 and LibreOffice 3.5.

    I serached and found the same Options window as you. Notwithstanding the fact that my language (Dutch) in general uses longer strings there it looks perfect. This could point to something (read bug) in the desktop or in LibreOffice.

    Let us see what others have to say.
    Last edited by hcvv; 16-Nov-2013 at 09:47.
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,859

    Default Re: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    Correction to the above post. That is 12.2.

    I repeated this with openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.10.5 and LibreOffice 3.6 (both officialy released with openSUSE 12.3). No problem here also.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    1,165

    Default Re: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    Quote Originally Posted by gugrim View Post
    Hi and thanks for replying. Yes, I should have supplied a bit more info!
    I have OpenSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.10, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 and here is an example of a dialog:
    There are several known problems with various dialogues, which are in the process of being corrected. Apparently it is related to the default text size(s) used by KDE.

    I'm also using 12.3 and 4.1.3.2 but with KDE 4.11.3 and that dialogue is OK SUSE Paste

    However this one isn't SUSE Paste

    Although using KDE I prefer the Ubuntu fonts, these are the sizes I have set SUSE Paste

    But, have you got _white_ menubar text? -- 'cos I have ...
    Regards, Paul

    Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20190814) KDE Plasma 5 ~~~
    Non-Tumbling Tumblweed (20150508) KDE 4 - Resurrected
    Leap 15.0 KDE Plasma 5 ~~~ Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5 (Work in progress...)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: LibreOffice dialogs are too small

    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    There are several known problems with various dialogues, which are in the process of being corrected. Apparently it is related to the default text size(s) used by KDE.

    I'm also using 12.3 and 4.1.3.2 but with KDE 4.11.3 and that dialogue is OK SUSE Paste

    However this one isn't SUSE Paste

    Although using KDE I prefer the Ubuntu fonts, these are the sizes I have set SUSE Paste

    But, have you got _white_ menubar text? -- 'cos I have ...

    No, I don't have white menubar text! That can't be fun!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •