Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to use KRDC

Hybrid View

Default Trying to use KRDC

I have been using a number of Remote desktop clients to connect to some family members computers. I would normally reboot into a windows machine. I am trying my best not to use windows anytime I can. I would rather stay in Linux if I can.
    What I am getting out of KRDC is a blue screen. It's not doing anything at that point except being blue. I have been in the handbook but found nothing to help me.
    Does anyone know anything about the program.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Trying to use KRDC

Quote Originally Posted by mike7757 View Post
    I have been using a number of Remote desktop clients to connect to some family members computers. I would normally reboot into a windows machine. I am trying my best not to use windows anytime I can. I would rather stay in Linux if I can.
    What I am getting out of KRDC is a blue screen. It's not doing anything at that point except being blue. I have been in the handbook but found nothing to help me.
    Does anyone know anything about the program.
    i have a blog on the subject and I used Remmina instead of krdc. Have a look here: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jd...e-desktop-132/

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Trying to use KRDC

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    i have a blog on the subject and I used Remmina instead of krdc.

Thank You,
    I did download Remmina last night and I made numerous attempts to connect to my laptop, but it would only give me "failed to connect" errors.
    Let's assume that there is nothing wrong with these programs. Could there be problems with other aspects of my machines. Maybe there is a checkmark that needs to be unchecked, or something like that.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)

I have also installed TeamViewer. It wont even start. The little curser jumps up and down for about 15 seconds and quits.
    I contacted their support, they stopped emailing me as soon as I said I was using Linux.
    Scratch that idea I guess.
    Mike

Blog Entries

I have also installed TeamViewer. It wont even start. The little curser jumps up and down for about 15 seconds and quits.
    I contacted their support, they stopped emailing me as soon as I said I was using Linux.
    Scratch that idea I guess.
    I would read my blog, use Remmina as suggested and it should work for you just as it did for me.

Thank You,

Im assuming based on what these programs are, that I will be able to connect to a WinXP, Vista or Win7 machine. Will Remmina allow me to do so. and does the other machines need anything more than a RDC.
    Mike

Blog Entries

Im assuming based on what these programs are, that I will be able to connect to a WinXP, Vista or Win7 machine. Will Remmina allow me to do so. and does the other machines need anything more than a RDC.
    Well doing remote control of Windows is a different animal. In your original message you speak of KRDC, a KDE remote client. My blog is about remote controlling KDE from one copy of openSUSE to another copy of openSUSE and KDE. You need to get that going first. Windows can work, but who is remote controlling who? You have to find a compatable client for Windows and the app may or may not be free.

Thank You,

Well doing remote control of Windows is a different animal. In your original message you speak of KRDC, a KDE remote client. My blog is about remote controlling KDE from one copy of openSUSE to another copy of openSUSE and KDE. You need to get that going first. Windows can work, but who is remote controlling who? You have to find a compatable client for Windows and the app may or may not be free.

Thank You,
    I was hoping to use my Linux machine to control family members window machines. That is why I was trying to use TeamViewer on my machine. They each have teamviewer on their machines, and I have the same on my Win7 machine.
    Mike

Blog Entries

I was hoping to use my Linux machine to control family members window machines. That is why I was trying to use TeamViewer on my machine. They each have teamviewer on their machines, and I have the same on my Win7 machine.
    Well, in the end, get your Windows program, then find out what on Linux could work with it. The last time I did this, I found VNC for Windows as I recall, but I have little need to remote a Windows machine.

Thank You,

Well, in the end, get your Windows program, then find out what on Linux could work with it. The last time I did this, I found VNC for Windows as I recall, but I have little need to remote a Windows machine.

Thank You,
    From everything that i have read this Remmina will do the job. All I have to do is learn how to use it.

Thank You
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast