Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to use KRDC

Default Re: Trying to use KRDC

Check that the required ports are opened in the firewall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mike7757 View Post
    From everything that i have read this Remmina will do the job. All I have to do is learn how to use it.

Thank You
    I use KRDC to connect to a remote windows server for work. The connection is using the RDP protocol, and itlooks like
    Code:
    <username>@<IP address>
    The connection is via a VPN. Your problem may relate to trying to connect over public internet, so you'll need to know the public IP address of the router for the RDP-client to connect to, and the router will need to be configured to forward TCP port 3389 to the destination computer's IP address.

Allow Remote Desktop connections from outside your home network

How to Access Windows Remote Desktop Over the Internet

The blue screen you described sounds like what happens when authentication fails, or when the RDP server is not available (or running).
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 16-Nov-2013 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Well, in the end, get your Windows program, then find out what on Linux could work with it. The last time I did this, I found VNC for Windows as I recall, but I have little need to remote a Windows machine.

Thank You,
    Believe it or not I found another page on the internet that had the solution. I didn't get Remmina to work yet but I will keep working with it. I did get KRDC a working. It has one tiny quirk that I do find irritating, (it locks their desktop so they see what i am doing) but i am not going to complain about a tiny thing like that. I am glad that I can stay in Linux.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

I made an error (it locks their desktop so they "CANNOT" see what i am doing) I wish that was different.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

Believe it or not I found another page on the internet that had the solution. I didn't get Remmina to work yet but I will keep working with it. I did get KRDC a working. It has one tiny quirk that I do find irritating, (it locks their desktop so they see what i am doing) but i am not going to complain about a tiny thing like that. I am glad that I can stay in Linux.
    Hi Mike
    Could you share the page you found for the solution? I am also trying to connect from openSuse 12.3 to a Windows 7 box using KRDC and having no luck.

Thanks Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12