Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    34

    Default This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Apparently I checked out exploding windows a few days ago. So I deselected in the desktop app but it wont go away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by afb1302 View Post
    Apparently I checked out exploding windows a few days ago. So I deselected in the desktop app but it wont go away.
    A little more info might help here. Can you you tell us the openSUSE version used and desktop loaded? How long has then been loaded and working on your PC?

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3

    Default AW: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by afb1302 View Post
    Apparently I checked out exploding windows a few days ago. So I deselected in the desktop app but it wont go away.
    Make sure it is disabled in "Configure Desktop"->"Desktop Effects"->"All Effects".
    And don't forget to click on "Apply" in the bottom-right corner after you disabled it...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Ya I deselected it in Desktop Effects. I'm running Suse 12.2 in the KDE desktop.

  5. #5

    Default Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by afb1302 View Post
    Ya I deselected it in Desktop Effects. I'm running Suse 12.2 in the KDE desktop.
    Are you sure it is "Exploding Windows" what you're seeing then?
    Maybe it's a different effect.

    Try disabling all of them one by one to find out which one.

    Or if you just want to get rid of it, click on the "Defaults" button in "Configure Desktop"->"Desktop Effects"->"All Effects", that should do.
    You can also rename/remove the configuration file ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Aw. I set to defaults and they still explode! So remove the config file? Just remove it completely? Trash it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by afb1302 View Post
    Aw. I set to defaults and they still explode! So remove the config file? Just remove it completely? Trash it?
    Trash it and restart openSUSE. if you have any desktop wallpapers in "~/.kde4/share/wallpapers/", they will be lost.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  8. #8

    Default Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Trash it and restart openSUSE. if you have any desktop wallpapers in "~/.kde4/share/wallpapers/", they will be lost.
    ???
    No. Why should the wallpapers be lost if he only removes kwinrc?

    @afb1302:
    You can remove the file completely or put it to the Trashcan or just rename it. Doesn't matter.
    Of course if you rename/move it to Trash you could restore it to get your settings back...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: This is a good one. Exploding windows wont go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    ???
    No. Why should the wallpapers be lost if he only removes kwinrc?

    @afb1302:
    You can remove the file completely or put it to the Trashcan or just rename it. Doesn't matter.
    Of course if you rename/move it to Trash you could restore it to get your settings back...
    It only matters as to how high up you go in removing kde4 configurations and a warning as to what might be located in the .kde4 folder,

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •