Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Pencil and Synfig Problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Pencil and Synfig Problem

    I've tried to download and install these two replacements for Adobe CS ('cause I use only open source free apps) and couldn't find Pencil, but found Synfig. When I tried to install it I got this error : "Cannot access installation media. Index of /pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3 Packman Repository(Medium 1) Check whether the service is accessible."
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by riderplus View Post
    I've tried to download and install these two replacements for Adobe CS ('cause I use only open source free apps) and couldn't find Pencil, but found Synfig. When I tried to install it I got this error : "Cannot access installation media. Index of /pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3 Packman Repository(Medium 1) Check whether the service is accessible."
    I do not see anything wrong with Packman. Open up terminal, run this command and post the results between code # tags:

    Code:
    zypper repos -u
    If you use zypper any, you will want my bash script Zypper Command you can find here:

    Zypper Command - Zypper Package Management Menu System - Version 2.00 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

    You should include your openSUSE version and desktop used in any help request.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    970

    Default Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    When searching for Packages for an openSUSE system, use Package Search.

    It will search supported openSUSE versions and several other locations.
    Play with the search settings.

    Appears Pencil is in the Graphics Repo, at least for 12.3

    Package search does not search Packman, where you already found Synfig.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    I do not see anything wrong with Packman. Open up terminal, run this command and post the results between code # tags:

    Code:
    zypper repos -u
    If you use zypper any, you will want my bash script Zypper Command you can find here:

    Zypper Command - Zypper Package Management Menu System - Version 2.00 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

    You should include your openSUSE version and desktop used in any help request.

    Thank You,
    OpenSUSE 12.3, KDE. Here's the output of the command you've recommended to me:
    Code:
    sudo zypper repos -u
    #  | Alias                     | Name                               | Enabled | Refresh | URI                                                                 
    ---+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
     1 | ftp.gwdg.de-suse          | Packman Repository                 | Yes     | No      | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3/            
     2 | openSUSE-12.3-1.7         | openSUSE-12.3-1.7                  | Yes     | No      | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-L632H,/dev/sr0
     3 | repo-debug                | openSUSE-12.3-Debug                | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/      
     4 | repo-debug-update         | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug         | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3/                     
     5 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3-non-oss/             
     6 | repo-non-oss              | openSUSE-12.3-Non-Oss              | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/non-oss/        
     7 | repo-oss                  | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/            
     8 | repo-source               | openSUSE-12.3-Source               | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/     
     9 | repo-update               | openSUSE-12.3-Update               | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3/                           
    10 | repo-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Non-Oss       | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3-non-oss/
    Thank you!
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    You should turn on Auto-refresh for the Packman repo (and the update repos as well), since it changes quite often.

    Or run "sudo zypper ref" before installing/updating packages to refresh the repos.
    Otherwise zypper/YaST could try to install packages that don't exist anymore.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    You should turn on Auto-refresh for the Packman repo (and the update repos as well), since it changes quite often.

    Or run "sudo zypper ref" before installing/updating packages to refresh the repos.
    Otherwise zypper/YaST could try to install packages that don't exist anymore.
    Thank you!
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by riderplus View Post
    OpenSUSE 12.3, KDE. Here's the output of the command you've recommended to me:
    Code:
    sudo zypper repos -u
    #  | Alias                     | Name                               | Enabled | Refresh | URI                                                                 
    ---+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+---------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
     1 | ftp.gwdg.de-suse          | Packman Repository                 | Yes     | No      | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3/            
     2 | openSUSE-12.3-1.7         | openSUSE-12.3-1.7                  | Yes     | No      | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-L632H,/dev/sr0
     3 | repo-debug                | openSUSE-12.3-Debug                | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/      
     4 | repo-debug-update         | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug         | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3/                     
     5 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3-non-oss/             
     6 | repo-non-oss              | openSUSE-12.3-Non-Oss              | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/non-oss/        
     7 | repo-oss                  | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/            
     8 | repo-source               | openSUSE-12.3-Source               | No      | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/     
     9 | repo-update               | openSUSE-12.3-Update               | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3/                           
    10 | repo-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Non-Oss       | Yes     | No      | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3-non-oss/
    Thank you!
    For your setup, use this Command to enable Packman.

    Code:
    sudo zypper modifyrepo -r ftp.gwdg.de-suse
    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    For your setup, use this Command to enable Packman.

    Code:
    sudo zypper modifyrepo -r ftp.gwdg.de-suse
    Thank You,
    I get:
    Code:
    sudo zypper modifyrepo -r ftp.gwdg.de-suse
    root's password:
    Nothing to change for repository 'ftp.gwdg.de-suse'.
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by riderplus View Post
    I get:
    Code:
    sudo zypper modifyrepo -r ftp.gwdg.de-suse
    root's password:
    Nothing to change for repository 'ftp.gwdg.de-suse'.
    I guess you have already enabled auto-refresh for the Packman repo?
    Then of course there's nothing to change now anymore...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Pencil and Synfig Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by riderplus View Post
    I get:
    Code:
    sudo zypper modifyrepo -r ftp.gwdg.de-suse
    root's password:
    Nothing to change for repository 'ftp.gwdg.de-suse'.
    So the option -r should enable autorefresh and -R should disable autorefresh. When you do a "zypper repos -u" what do you get now?

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •