Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin services not working

Hybrid View

Default Dolphin services not working

When I install a service such as "Root Actions Servicemenu" it does not work, if I try to uninstall it, it does not uninstall.

Where are all the config files for Dolphin? Can I delete them and start fresh?

Thanks Bob
    Linux since 2008

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Dolphin services not working

Quote Originally Posted by rdonnelly2001 View Post
    When I install a service such as "Root Actions Servicemenu" it does not work, if I try to uninstall it, it does not uninstall.

Where are all the config files for Dolphin? Can I delete them and start fresh?

Thanks Bob
    So what are you trying to do with the KDE file manager Dolphin you can not do? I have never found using "Root Actions Servicemenu" required in anyway.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Dolphin services not working

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So what are you trying to do with the KDE file manager Dolphin you can not do? I have never found using "Root Actions Servicemenu" required in anyway.

Thank You,
    Thanks, but it is really not the matter of what I can and cant do with out a particular add on. I would like to install what ever suits my taste.

Anyways /usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus shows all the add ons as Chromium icons instead of gears? So I think my associations are screwed up? How can I set them to default?
    Linux since 2008

Blog Entries

Thanks, but it is really not the matter of what I can and cant do with out a particular add on. I would like to install what ever suits my taste.

Anyways /usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus shows all the add ons as Chromium icons instead of gears? So I think my associations are screwed up? How can I set them to default?
    All KDE appearance settings are selectable in Configure Desktop option. Have you not looked at this before?

Thank You,

All KDE appearance settings are selectable in Configure Desktop option. Have you not looked at this before?

Thank You,
    Thanks, I have seen that before, but I am having a problem with dolphin.

If I look at d/.kde4/share/apps/dolphin/view_properties as root, it shows gears, if I look at it as desktop user it shows as chromium icons. I am starting to think that is why I can not install services?

I am going to try it in root dolphin and see if it helps?
    Linux since 2008

Figured it out you have to go to /home/~/.kde4/share/apps/servicemenu-download, extract the files, then move the *.desktop files to /home/~/.kde4/share/kde4/services

Now it works, and configured the way I want
    Linux since 2008

OK, while on the topic of Dolphin, why does it show a plus or minus when you click on folder, and you have to click the name to open it?
    Linux since 2008

Blog Entries

OK, while on the topic of Dolphin, why does it show a plus or minus when you click on folder, and you have to click the name to open it?
    So, you should not be running Dolphin as root and I find the plus does open up the folder for me. As you make manual changes to how openSUSE works, you will finding odd things going on. I try to come up with scripts to things to be done as root when required. Like, editing files as root, look here:

Ouside of Dolphin: SYSEdit - System File Editor - Version 1.50 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

And Inside of Dolphin you can use: fewrup - File Editor With Root or User Permissions - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

and I find the plus does open up the folder for me.
    The plus icon should add the file/directory to the current selection.
    That's done to make it easier to select files when set to open on single-click.

You can turn off those plus and minus symbols in dolphin's settings though. (option "Show selection markers" in "General"->"Behavior")

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    The plus icon should add the file/directory to the current selection.
    That's done to make it easier to select files when set to open on single-click.

You can turn off those plus and minus symbols in dolphin's settings though. (option "Show selection markers" in "General"->"Behavior")
    Sort of like clicking with Ctrl + RMB. I would like them to just open when I click the folders, I used Nautilus and Nemo for the past 5 years, dolphin does things different.
    Linux since 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast