Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Xara Xtreme?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Xara Xtreme?

    I found Inkscape very valuable for vector drawing. What about Xara? I saw it on Ubuntu repositories, is it on openSUSE too? I couldn't find it.
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,450

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    I assume you looked in software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 12.3 and found the answer is no.

    The instructions for compiling it yourself look straightforward other than the reference to libstdc++5 which rpmfind suggests is labelled libstdc++33 in openSUSE.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,865
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    On Wed 30 Oct 2013 08:26:02 PM CDT, riderplus wrote:


    I found Inkscape very valuable for vector drawing. What about Xara? I
    saw it on Ubuntu repositories, is it on openSUSE too? I couldn't find
    it.


    Hi
    It's there, just not building....

    You would need to contact the maintainer (follow users tab)
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...package=xaralx

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.93-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    It's there, just not building....

    You would need to contact the maintainer (follow users tab)
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...package=xaralx

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.93-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!
    There are many maintainers. I really don't know how to contact them and what to say. Maybe they have their reasons for not building it anymore.
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    Quote Originally Posted by riderplus View Post
    There are many maintainers. I really don't know how to contact them and what to say. Maybe they have their reasons for not building it anymore.
    Once you login in that(users) page using forum credentials you should see email button
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,865
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    On Thu 31 Oct 2013 12:16:03 PM CDT, riderplus wrote:


    malcolmlewis;2594553 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > It's there, just not building....
    >
    > You would need to contact the maintainer (follow users tab)
    > http://tinyurl.com/m4s553y
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    > SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.93-0.8-default
    > If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    > please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


    There are many maintainers. I really don't know how to contact them and
    what to say. Maybe they have their reasons for not building it anymore.


    Hi
    In the user list, you will see a maintainer and an email link....
    https://build.opensuse.org/home?user=lrupp

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.93-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    In the user list, you will see a maintainer and an email link....
    https://build.opensuse.org/home?user=lrupp

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.93-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!
    I sent it using KMail. Is it possible to send e-mail from my openSUSE account (like sending a private message or whatever)?
    Reliable + rider = RiDeR PlUs
    ...if you find this helpful, click on the star below...
    +-+ +-+
    |r| |+|
    +-+ +-+

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,865
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Xara Xtreme?

    On Fri 01 Nov 2013 12:16:02 PM CDT, riderplus wrote:

    malcolmlewis;2594677 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > In the user list, you will see a maintainer and an email link....
    > https://build.opensuse.org/home?user=lrupp
    >

    I sent it using KMail. Is it possible to send e-mail from my openSUSE
    account (like sending a private message or whatever)?
    Hi
    I wouldn't think so, the Open Build Service is a separate entity, login
    etc.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 11 SP3 (x86_64) GNOME 2.28.0 Kernel 3.0.93-0.8-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •