Thread: How to avoid automatic log-in by "telepathy"

Question How to avoid automatic log-in by "telepathy"

I had installed the communication software "telepathy" for a while. I have deactivated the system setting "Restore last presence on login".
    But a corresponding utility continues to ask for authentication recently. Will it become possible again to log-in to instant messaging services only on concrete demand?
    Is the component "ktp-auth-handler 0.6.80-9.1" responsible for such a dialogue which I do not like at the moment?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: How to avoid automatic log-in by "telepathy"

Quote Originally Posted by elfring View Post
    I had installed the communication software "telepathy" for a while. I have deactivated the system setting "Restore last presence on login".
    But a corresponding utility continues to ask for authentication recently. Will it become possible again to log-in to instant messaging services only on concrete demand?
    Is the component "ktp-auth-handler 0.6.80-9.1" responsible for such a dialogue which I do not like at the moment?
    You must include the openSUSE version you use and Desktop used in your help request. For instance, in KDE, our default DE, the application KWALLET can keep asking for a password, once enabled.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Lightbulb Re: How to avoid automatic log-in by "telepathy"

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    For instance, in KDE, our default DE, the application KWALLET can keep asking for a password, once enabled.
    Thanks for your information. - I hope that the software situation will also be improved with the next distribution upgrade.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your information. - I hope that the software situation will also be improved with the next distribution upgrade.
    As volunteer helpers here, we should not need to guess your openSUSE version or Desktop used. Please tell us what you are using. Do you also need help in disabling KWALLET?

Thank You,

Lightbulb Re: How to avoid automatic log-in by "telepathy"

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Please tell us what you are using.
    I am using openSUSE 12.3/Tumbleweed.

Do you also need help in disabling KWALLET?
    Not at the moment. Deinstallation of some "KTP" components was also sufficient in my use case.

I am more interested in corresponding improvements for various SIP applications.

Blog Entries

I am using openSUSE 12.3/Tumbleweed.

Not at the moment. Deinstallation of some "KTP" components was also sufficient in my use case.

I am more interested in corresponding improvements for various SIP applications.
    So if you consider your original problem fixed, desktop used unknown, I am happy to hear that. I am not an expert on SIP, sorry.

Thank You,