I'm running openSUSE 12.2 x64 and KDE on a Core2 Duo.

The system alternates between being connected to the internet and being connected to an internal intranet (no internet access). I've done this for almost a year without any real problems switching between the two.

The past week or so, however, I've noticed a warning banner that pops up and covers the top of the screen.

Problem connecting to a software origin

"Download (curl) error for 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositori.....etc.'
Error code: Connection failed
Error message: Failed to connect to 2001:67.....etc....: Network is unreachable."

I'm guessing that the problem is that I don't have internet access at the moment. I really don't care that it can't connect. But the banner popping up is REALLY annoying me. It happens about every 5 minutes and has to be right clicked to make go away. Is there any way to tell it to stop notifying me about that?

I went into the Yast software repository control and unchecked all of the "auto update" from the repositories, but I left them enabled. I really don't want to disable them, as when I am able to connect the system to the internet, I want to be able to use it immediately to install software.

Thanks for any help.