Thread: Default KDE desktop shelf

Default Default KDE desktop shelf

I was playing with the activities and I lost the default desktop shelf. I tried to make a new one, but it was in list format, rather then icon layout. I also found it would not update if I saved something to the desktop.

So how do I get back to the original shelf from install?

Thanks Bob

oS 12.3

Default Re: Default KDE desktop shelf

Quote Originally Posted by rdonnelly2001 View Post
    I was playing with the activities and I lost the default desktop shelf. I tried to make a new one, but it was in list format, rather then icon layout. I also found it would not update if I saved something to the desktop.

So how do I get back to the original shelf from install?
    Is your old activity not there, when you click on the activity manager (the 3 points in the panel, next to the start menu)?

And what do you mean with "list format"? AFAIK the folderview plasmoid doesn't support that. Could you maybe post a screenshot? (upload it to SUSE Paste and post a link)

To change the layout of the current activity, you could right-click on the desktop and choose "Settings".
    You may have to add the folderview plasmoid manually though (right-click on the desktop, choose "Add Widgets" and search for "folderview").

Or quit plasma ("kquitapp plasma-desktop"), delete the plasma configuration file ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc and restart plasma ("plasma-desktop"). Then you should have back the default layout of a clean install.

Thumbs up Re: Default KDE desktop shelf

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Is your old activity not there, when you click on the activity manager (the 3 points in the panel, next to the start menu)?

And what do you mean with "list format"? AFAIK the folderview plasmoid doesn't support that. Could you maybe post a screenshot? (upload it to SUSE Paste and post a link)

To change the layout of the current activity, you could right-click on the desktop and choose "Settings".
    You may have to add the folderview plasmoid manually though (right-click on the desktop, choose "Add Widgets" and search for "folderview").

Or quit plasma ("kquitapp plasma-desktop"), delete the plasma configuration file ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc and restart plasma ("plasma-desktop"). Then you should have back the default layout of a clean install.
    I used a shelf to try and replace it and it came up as a list.

Using your folderview method fixed it.

And not I did not want to start with a new desktop, I already have it customized.

Thanks

I don't know what a shelf is. So not at all sure what you were doing or running.

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    I don't know what a shelf is. So not at all sure what you were doing or running.
    Go to add widget and type shelf in the search box.

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    "Shelf" is another plasmoid that comes with the lancelot launcher. It can also show a specific folder, but is more suited to the panel I think.