Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mozilla products crashing always, Konquerer on some pages

Default Re: Mozilla products crashing always, Konquerer on some pages

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhostbnet View Post
    Finally, I decided to just re-install from scratch, and things have just gotten worse. I can't even get into the desktop at all anymore - it loads partway into the loading splashscreen, then just freezes. When I look at the output of the start-up (by pressing esc), I see a few references to "unable to access sector (some number)". I am currently downloading a live CD to see if I can at least access the disk and make a current back-up, and then try a low-level format of the disk and see if it is reporting errors. I had done a smartmonitor report a few days earlier and it hadn't reported any failing sectors or anything. I'm wondering if it is a UEFI issue or if the drive is failing. I will let you know if I'm able to rescue the install.

It has been a long time since I've had this much trouble with a linux install.
    Bad sectors can of course explain your problems.
    I don't think this is an UEFI issue, I don't see how that could be (but then, I don't really know much about UEFI... )

I guess the best thing would be to replace the disk.

btw - Didn't see any Mesa-driver-x,
    Sorry, I wanted to write "Mesa-demo-x".

Default Re: Mozilla products crashing always, Konquerer on some pages

Looks like it was a failing HD. Re-installed on my second drive and things seem to be working fine now. Did some diagnostics on the other drive and was finding many errors. I'll have to go pick up a new drive to make sure I have my redundancy.

Sorry to have wasted your time, and thanks for the help - I did learn a few new tricks on apper and yast, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Bad sectors can of course explain your problems.
    I don't think this is an UEFI issue, I don't see how that could be (but then, I don't really know much about UEFI... )

I guess the best thing would be to replace the disk.

Sorry, I wanted to write "Mesa-demo-x".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12