Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Skype outdated

  1. #11

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    No other application trying to use the webcam. Well, it would not work under skype options if other application was using it anyway.
    I have tried everything on this topic and a lot of other topics in other foruns aswell with no results. It works perfectly fine on skype -> options ->video devices. But if I or someone else starts a video call my webcam will always be disabled (even is "starts my video automatically when I am in a call" is selected) and the button to enable or disable the webcam/video on the call will not be clickable as if I had no webcam.

    Maybe the drivers? But then I can't seen to find the drivers...

    This is what I get from YaST hardware information:

    This is a notebook, the webcam is USB but its not an external webcam. Thats the one from the notebook.

    Code:
    59: USB 00.0: 0000 Unclassified device
      [Created at usb.122]
      Unique ID: 2UT6.4JGr8GjksYD
      Parent ID: k4bc.YdoZZg0c8i6
      SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:12.2/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0
      SysFS BusID: 1-3:1.0
      Hardware Class: unknown
      Model: "Suyin HP Webcam"
      Hotplug: USB
      Vendor: usb 0x064e "Suyin Corp."
      Device: usb 0xf209 "HP Webcam"
      Revision: "2.01"
      Serial ID: "HF0315-J311-OV01-VH-R02.00.01"
      Driver: "uvcvideo"
      Driver Modules: "uvcvideo"
      Device File: /dev/input/event9
      Device Files: /dev/input/event9, /dev/input/by-id/usb-SuYin_HP_Webcam-event-if00, /dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:12.2-usb-0:3:1.0-event
      Device Number: char 13:73
      Speed: 480 Mbps
      Module Alias: "usb:v064EpF209d0201dcEFdsc02dp01ic0Eisc01ip00in00"
      Driver Info #0:
        Driver Status: uvcvideo is active
        Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe uvcvideo"
      Config Status: cfg=no, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
      Attached to: #58 (Hub)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,569
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    Quote Originally Posted by zehzim View Post
    It works perfectly fine on skype -> options ->video devices. But if I or someone else starts a video call my webcam will always be disabled
    This reads to me to be a Skype bug ...

    Quote Originally Posted by zehzim View Post
    Maybe the drivers? But then I can't seen to find the drivers...

    This is what I get from YaST hardware information:

    This is a notebook, the webcam is USB but its not an external webcam. Thats the one from the notebook.

    Code:
    59: USB 00.0: 0000 Unclassified device
     Model: "Suyin HP Webcam"
      Hotplug: USB
      Vendor: usb 0x064e "Suyin Corp."
      Device: usb 0xf209 "HP Webcam"
    ....
      Driver: "uvcvideo"
      Driver Modules: "uvcvideo"
    Well, that makes it clear. Your webcam is identified as a uvc compatible webcam, and your openSUSE is using the 'uvc' webcam driver. Note the page: Linux UVC driver & tools lists the 064e:f209 as being a UVC compatible webcam.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,569
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Well, that makes it clear. Your webcam is identified as a uvc compatible webcam, and your openSUSE is using the 'uvc' webcam driver. Note the page: Linux UVC driver & tools lists the 064e:f209 as being a UVC compatible webcam.
    If you type:
    Code:
    lsmod | grep uvc
    That should prove the uvcvideo driver is loaded. For example on my Toshiba Ultrabook with an integrated UVC compatible webcam I get:

    Code:
    oldcpu@toshiba:~> lsmod | grep uvc
    uvcvideo               84981  0 
    videobuf2_core         44595  1 uvcvideo
    videodev              141701  2 uvcvideo,videobuf2_core
    videobuf2_vmalloc      13216  1 uvcvideo
    .... Possibly you are missing a Skype dependancy ? How did you install Skype ? Did you follow the guidance here: SDB:Skype - openSUSE .... ie send the command as a regular user (and then enter root password when prompted):
    Code:
    su -c 'zypper install libqt4-32bit libqt4-x11-32bit libpng12-0-32bit libQtWebKit4-32bit xorg-x11-libs libXss1-32bit libpng12-0'

  4. #14

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    Well, that makes it clear. Your webcam is identified as a uvc compatible webcam, and your openSUSE is using the 'uvc' webcam driver. Note the page: Linux UVC driver & tools lists the 064e:f209 as being a UVC compatible webcam.
    Thats funny. My notebook is not dv7, but dv6.

    If you type:lsmod | grep uvc
    Code:
    kz@integerParseInt:~> lsmod | grep uvc
    uvcvideo               84941  0 
    videobuf2_core         35910  1 uvcvideo
    videodev              129333  2 uvcvideo,videobuf2_core
    videobuf2_vmalloc      13021  1 uvcvideo
    So yep, very similar result.

    Possibly you are missing a Skype dependancy ? How did you install Skype ? Did you follow the guidance here: SDB:Skype - openSUSE .... ie send the command as a regular user (and then enter root password when prompted):[...]
    Code:
    kz@integerParseInt:~> su -c 'zypper install libqt4-32bit libqt4-x11-32bit libpng12-0-32bit libQtWebKit4-32bit xorg-x11-libs libXss1-32bit libpng12-0'
    Password: 
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'xorg-x11-libs' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'xorg-x11-libs-7.6-39.1.1.noarch'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng12-0' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-1.2.50-3.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libqt4-x11-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-x11-32bit-4.8.4-3.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libXss1-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libXss1-32bit-1.2.2-4.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng12-0-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-32bit-1.2.50-3.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libqt4-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-32bit-4.8.4-3.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libQtWebKit4-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libQtWebKit4-32bit-4.8.4+2.2.0-3.5.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Nothing to do.
    kz@integerParseInt:~>
    So far I tried everything I know. It used to work on previous suse versions (11.2 and 12.1) but that was 1 year and 6 months ago. And yes, I followed the suse skype tutorial when installing.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,569
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    I note you obtained :

    Quote Originally Posted by zehzim View Post
    Code:
    kz@integerParseInt:~> su -c 'zypper install libqt4-32bit libqt4-x11-32bit libpng12-0-32bit libQtWebKit4-32bit xorg-x11-libs libXss1-32bit libpng12-0'
    Password: 
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'xorg-x11-libs' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'xorg-x11-libs-7.6-39.1.1.noarch'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng12-0' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-1.2.50-3.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libqt4-x11-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-x11-32bit-4.8.4-3.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libXss1-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libXss1-32bit-1.2.2-4.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng12-0-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-32bit-1.2.50-3.1.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libqt4-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-32bit-4.8.4-3.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libQtWebKit4-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libQtWebKit4-32bit-4.8.4+2.2.0-3.5.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Nothing to do.
    kz@integerParseInt:~>
    So far I tried everything I know. It used to work on previous suse versions (11.2 and 12.1) but that was 1 year and 6 months ago. And yes, I followed the suse skype tutorial when installing.
    and I note I obtain :
    Code:
    oldcpu@toshiba:~> su -c 'zypper install libqt4-32bit libqt4-x11-32bit libpng12-0-32bit libQtWebKit4-32bit xorg-x11-libs libXss1-32bit libpng12-0'
    Password: 
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'xorg-x11-libs' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'xorg-x11-libs-7.6-42.1.2.noarch'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng12-0' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-1.2.50-6.1.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libqt4-x11-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-x11-32bit-4.8.5-5.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libXss1-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libXss1-32bit-1.2.2-7.1.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libpng12-0-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libpng12-0-32bit-1.2.50-6.1.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libqt4-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libqt4-32bit-4.8.5-5.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libQtWebKit4-32bit' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'libQtWebKit4-32bit-4.8.5+2.3.3-2.6.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Nothing to do.
    oldcpu@toshiba:~>
    We have different versions of the applications ....

    Please, what openSUSE version are you using ? If you are using a 64-bit openSUSE-13.1, could you please provide the output of :
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    so that we can check what repositories you have in place ?

  6. #16

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    This is a near fresh suse 12.3. What I have done so far is installing flash, skype and an update. I have also added packman repository and removed a repository that was pointing to CD/DVD (wich I dont remember setting)

    Those are the results you asked:

    Code:
    kz@integerParseInt:~> zypper lr -d
    #  | Alias                             | Name                                | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                  | Service
    ---+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
     1 | download.opensuse.org-filesystems | openSUSE BuildService - filesystems | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/filesystems/openSUSE_12.3/ |        
     2 | ftp.gwdg.de-suse_1                | Packman Repository                  | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3/             |        
     3 | repo-debug                        | openSUSE-12.3-Debug                 | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/       |        
     4 | repo-debug-update                 | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug          | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3/                      |        
     5 | repo-debug-update-non-oss         | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug-Non-Oss  | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3-non-oss/              |        
     6 | repo-non-oss                      | openSUSE-12.3-Non-Oss               | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/non-oss/         |        
     7 | repo-oss                          | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                   | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/             |        
     8 | repo-source                       | openSUSE-12.3-Source                | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/      |        
     9 | repo-update                       | openSUSE-12.3-Update                | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3/                            |        
    10 | repo-update-non-oss               | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Non-Oss        | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3-non-oss/                    |        
    kz@integerParseInt:~>

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    26,569
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: Skype outdated

    Quote Originally Posted by zehzim View Post
    This is a near fresh suse 12.3. What I have done so far is installing flash, skype and an update. I have also added packman repository and removed a repository that was pointing to CD/DVD (wich I dont remember setting)

    Those are the results you asked:
    Thanks ,.... I was more interested in that output if you had 13.1. But you have 12.3

    I don't think there is much more I can suggest. Hopefully someone else has some ideas why your integrated webcam does not work with skype. (Note I am assuming you have Skype set up properly in its internal application options).
    Last edited by oldcpu; 14-Dec-2013 at 08:18.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •