Application's windows behavior- How to change?

Hello Guys

I’m using opensuse version 12.3. When using some applications like firefox - it seems that it only happens on gtk apps only - when clicking on window’s frame, just below the main menu and above the address bar, the windows get it’s size restored, i.e. it gets windowed instead of maximized. It is something annoying, since I use a laptop and most times I just double click it accidentally and then it gets smaller and if I click it again it turn on the window grab function. I just can’t figure out how to change it, since I use kde - and I don’t have same trouble when using Qt apps.Can you help me ?

It’s my experience that double-clicking on the frame maximizes or unmaximes, and not just for gtk.

There another possibility that you might be seeing. The default for KDE, is that when a window bumps the top of the screen, it is maximized. I find that annoying, so I turned it off.

Configure Desktop –> Workspace Behavior –> Screen Edges

and look there for the setting.

I’m not sure that I understood your problem, but let’s try. Sorry if I didn’t get it correctly.
I have set up the action I like in System settings -> Window behavior -> Titlebar actions
For me it works in all apps, including Firefox.