Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Boot up script running

  1. #1

    Default Boot up script running

    This was never answered, so I decided to start a new thread.

    It does not help at all for 3 or 4 people going off on side discussions.

    Start your own new thread or have a pillow fight. smiley face

    Code:
    Looking for a way to write macros(a.k.a. bash scripts) that load up and run on EACH boot up.                  (with a Konsole session.)
    
    Thanks.
    Thanks, Andy

    openSUSE 13.1 KDE (x86_64)
    Puppy Slacko 5.6.0
    Occasionally Windows XP

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Boot up script running

    On 2013-09-22 07:16, andy77586 wrote:


    > Code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > -Looking for a way to write macros(a.k.a. bash scripts) that load up and run on EACH boot up. (with a Konsole session.)
    >
    > Thanks.-
    >
    > --------------------


    Please notice that a "Konsole" means having a KDE session started, or
    some other desktop. A desktop is not part of "booting".

    A script that runs at "boot up" is placed as a service (systemd) or with
    a special clause in cron. It does not use a knosole, it can not.

    So you script can not run at "boot up", but at desktop start - please
    specify which desktop. XFCE, perhaps?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Boot up script running

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-09-22 07:16, andy77586 wrote:


    > Code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > -Looking for a way to write macros(a.k.a. bash scripts) that load up and run on EACH boot up. (with a Konsole session.)
    >
    > Thanks.-
    >
    > --------------------


    Please notice that a "Konsole" means having a KDE session started, or
    some other desktop. A desktop is not part of "booting".

    A script that runs at "boot up" is placed as a service (systemd) or with
    a special clause in cron. It does not use a knosole, it can not.

    So you script can not run at "boot up", but at desktop start - please
    specify which desktop. XFCE, perhaps?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)
    My bad, "The Konsole" was part of original post and I forgot to cut it out.

    I think most understood what I posted as a desire to not have to manually run a script to accomplish useful tasks.

    Code:
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) 
    VERSION = 12.3                  x86_32 CODENAME = Dartmouth 
    Windows XP SP3
    Code:
    Plasma Desktop from KDE is the default workspace on openSUSE.
    Best regards.

    Appreciate the help.
    Thanks, Andy

    openSUSE 13.1 KDE (x86_64)
    Puppy Slacko 5.6.0
    Occasionally Windows XP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,591
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Boot up script running

    Please note this:
    KDE starts after booting.

    It would make things much easier if you described what you're trying to achieve. And leave references about users having side discussions out of your posts. Most of these side-discussions have been triggered by not sticking to one subject by the OP himself.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,039

    Default Re: Boot up script running

    On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 05:16:03 +0000, andy77586 wrote:

    > This was never answered, so I decided to start a new thread.


    Let's keep the discussion to the original thread, please. If you have a
    problem in thread, please report the post that's causing you a problem
    rather than starting the discussion over.

    Thanks

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •