Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Take Thiudans' Money

  1. #1

    Default Take Thiudans' Money

    So, I want to donate to openSUSE, but I do not see how. I saw a thread from a year or two ago, but there still does not seem to be a convenient way to donate money to openSUSE. I mean, I have three installations and the free support; i.e. the forums, has been really good. So, not wanting to be a 100% leach, I would like to throw some scratch openSUSE's way.

    How can I do that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,580
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiudans View Post
    So, I want to donate to openSUSE, but I do not see how. I saw a thread from a year or two ago, but there still does not seem to be a convenient way to donate money to openSUSE. I mean, I have three installations and the free support; i.e. the forums, has been really good. So, not wanting to be a 100% leach, I would like to throw some scratch openSUSE's way.

    How can I do that?
    AFAIK you can't. You can contribute to openSUSE though by participating in the community, which you already did by posting here .
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    AFAIK you can't. You can contribute to openSUSE though by participating in the community, which you already did by posting here .
    OK, but maybe there SHOULD be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:56:02 +0000, Thiudans wrote:

    > Knurpht;2586395 Wrote:
    >> AFAIK you can't. You can contribute to openSUSE though by participating
    >> in the community, which you already did by posting here .

    >
    > OK, but maybe there SHOULD be.


    Well, yes, the project knows that people want to donate to it, but
    there's no legal entity (yet) that can accept donations. You might write
    to the board and see if they can tell you how best to make monetary
    donations.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:56:02 +0000, Thiudans wrote:

    > Knurpht;2586395 Wrote:
    >> AFAIK you can't. You can contribute to openSUSE though by participating
    >> in the community, which you already did by posting here .

    >
    > OK, but maybe there SHOULD be.


    Well, yes, the project knows that people want to donate to it, but
    there's no legal entity (yet) that can accept donations. You might write
    to the board and see if they can tell you how best to make monetary
    donations.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C
    OK, I did just that. I wonder how many donations the project would actually receive if they had a way to receive funds.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    OK, but maybe there SHOULD be.
    +1

    I used to buy a box version from time to time since I appreciate a good product (and a printed manual) and I am prepared to pay for it.
    I stopped that, though, when the support periods have been shortened and the manuals, well say, didn't provide much help anymore.
    (Is it available at all, anymore?)
    Still, I like to contribute and support the project. Of course the community is one way, but the actual works needs to be done....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    You could show your support by buying t-shirts etc?

    openSUSE.org Shop

    Tumbleweed/KDE/Ati Radeon R9 270/AMD FX-6300/8Gb DDR3

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    Quote Originally Posted by wakou View Post
    You could show your support by buying t-shirts etc?

    openSUSE.org Shop
    Hey, good idea, thanks wakou. I wasn't actually aware of all these items...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Take Thiudans' Money

    Quote Originally Posted by wakou View Post
    You could show your support by buying t-shirts etc?

    openSUSE.org Shop
    I did that, but

    1) I only need so many T-Shirts and other novelty items
    2) T-Shirts cost money to produce. If I want to give say $100.00 to openSUSE, simply sending them the money is much more efficient and likely less costly to openSUSE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •