Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110

Thread: What to use to learn OOP ?

  1. #11

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On 2013-09-10, tsu2 <tsu2@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
    You'll notice after I posted that I noticed how what I wrote would be
    > interpreted incorrectly so I already modified the text...


    Probably not, although I must admit after reading your sentence above five times, I'm still not confident I'm
    interpreting it correctly .

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On 2013-09-10 17:46, tsu2 wrote:

    > OOP was implemented <only>
    > in C++ (before Java and the MS "Visual" languages.


    Hummmm.

    No, there are older languages than C++ that were OOP, like Modula.
    And there were Pascal variants OOP, like Borland's turbo pascal.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:46:02 +0000, tsu2 wrote:

    > OOP was implemented <only>
    > in C++


    Ada.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > On 2013-09-10 05:40, vazhavandan wrote:
    >> Bade highlighting

    >
    > Sorry, what's that? :-?
    >

    supposed to be Braces({)

    --
    GNOME 3.6.2
    openSUSE Release 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64-bit
    Kernel Linux 3.7.10-1.16-desktop

  5. #15

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    tsu2 wrote:
    > So, especially nowadays if someone asked me the question you just asked
    > I wouldn't hesitate in saying.
    >
    > JAVASCRIPT.
    > And, the reason why is because it's so universal. Javascript itself or a
    > close cousin is used everywhere,


    Aargh! No, please. Javascript is a very interesting language but it's
    approach to OOP is notoriously idiosyncratic, so it's totally unsuitable
    for a noob wanting to learn about OOP, IMHO.

  6. #16

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    tsu2 wrote:
    > flymail;2583889 Wrote:
    > You'll notice after I posted that I noticed how what I wrote would be
    > interpreted incorrectly so I already modified the text...


    Probably he wouldn't because like me, flymail uses NNTP. If you want
    everybody to see updates, then post an update message.

  7. #17

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    SimonHeimbach wrote:
    > I agree on Python. It really is a fun way of getting into software
    > development. And many people underestimate the power of it. So have a
    > look and see if it suits your.


    Agreed. Python is an excellent choice. Ruby is a reasonable choice

    > Or you try PHP. I know there are many people who use it without OOP, but
    > that doesn't mean it can't. And when you're interested in creating
    > websites, you can combine these skills.


    Aargh, no, please! You need to have a good idea about programming
    languages and how to use them before trying PHP. Otherwise you will just
    learn to write rubbish. (and the same is true for Perl, which I like and
    which is much better than PHP ;-P )

  8. #18

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > On 2013-09-10 17:46, tsu2 wrote:
    >
    >> OOP was implemented <only>
    >> in C++ (before Java and the MS "Visual" languages.

    >
    > Hummmm.
    >
    > No, there are older languages than C++ that were OOP, like Modula.
    > And there were Pascal variants OOP, like Borland's turbo pascal.


    Err, factual historical questions are easy to answer these days:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-...ed_programming

    1950s MIT, Simula 67, Smalltalk and then the world ...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On 2013-09-11 05:52, vazhavandan wrote:
    > Carlos E. R. wrote:
    >> On 2013-09-10 05:40, vazhavandan wrote:
    >>> Bade highlighting

    >>
    >> Sorry, what's that? :-?
    >>

    > supposed to be Braces({)


    Oh :-)

    Google offered "body highlighting" :-)

    Yes, I agree it is useful.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On 2013-09-11 12:26, Dave Howorth wrote:
    > Carlos E. R. wrote:
    >> On 2013-09-10 17:46, tsu2 wrote:
    >>
    >>> OOP was implemented <only>
    >>> in C++ (before Java and the MS "Visual" languages.

    >>
    >> Hummmm.
    >>
    >> No, there are older languages than C++ that were OOP, like Modula.
    >> And there were Pascal variants OOP, like Borland's turbo pascal.

    >
    > Err, factual historical questions are easy to answer these days:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-...ed_programming
    >
    > 1950s MIT, Simula 67, Smalltalk and then the world ...


    Huh, those... :-o

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •