Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: What to use to learn OOP ?

  1. #101

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Very clear and helpful flymail, thanks a lot.
    openSUSE 13.2

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    You can learn programming free and interactive with the Codecademy, too. You can use Python and Ruby there.

  3. #103

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdaLovelace View Post
    You can learn programming free and interactive with the Codecademy, too. You can use Python and Ruby there.
    Thank you Ada, Codecademy is the site I am using.

    Hmffff, do you really love Ada ?
    openSUSE 13.2

  4. #104

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On 2013-09-18, hextejas <hextejas@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
    > Very clear and helpful flymail, thanks a lot.


    Pleasure. Now code.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hextejas View Post
    Hmffff, do you really love Ada ?
    I'm a woman and Ada is a role model for me.
    Any other questions about that?

  6. #106

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdaLovelace View Post
    I'm a woman and Ada is a role model for me.
    Any other questions about that?
    I was just kidding of course as I was referring to the language. And thank you for educating me as to Ada Lovelace. An amazing woman to be sure.
    I meant no offense.
    openSUSE 13.2

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    On 2013-09-18 13:57, flymail wrote:
    > On 2013-09-18, Carlos E. R. <robin_listas@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
    >> Try code tags in uppercase.

    >
    > Cigar. Absence of.
    >


    quick indentation test.

    Code:
    class dog:
    def __init__(self):
    self.size = 100.
    def feed(self, amount):
    self.size += amount
    def excrete(self, amount):
    self.size -= amount
    Code:
    class dog:
    def __init__(self):
    self.size = 100.
    def feed(self, amount):
    self.size += amount
    def excrete(self, amount):
    self.size -= amount
    Just a hunch. If more testing is needed, we would have to go to chit
    chat "Re: NNTP Test Thread - Take II", I guess.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

  8. #108

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Perhaps using terms as they are being used here a dog is a class and people are then going to use inheritance without even thinking about just how that will eventually work out.

    Believe it or not that goes on. It's oh so easy and all a bit chicken and egg. Chickens do produce eggs but that isn't how people usually think about that term however in the software world some do.

    Anyway I know from previous discussions on this general aspect it often takes some time for people to see the point.

    John
    -

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Quote Originally Posted by John_82 View Post
    Perhaps using terms as they are being used here a dog is a class and people are then going to use inheritance without even thinking about just how that will eventually work out.

    Believe it or not that goes on. It's oh so easy and all a bit chicken and egg. Chickens do produce eggs but that isn't how people usually think about that term however in the software world some do.

    Anyway I know from previous discussions on this general aspect it often takes some time for people to see the point.

    John
    -
    Nothing worked out. I gave my answer after the slogan of hextejas and he excused himself for that. All is ok.
    I think, you haven't understood my nickname.

    You can see a lot of trolling after something like that in other forums.
    Let's speak about programming.

  10. #110

    Default Re: What to use to learn OOP ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdaLovelace View Post
    Nothing worked out. I gave my answer after the slogan of hextejas and he excused himself for that. All is ok.
    I think, you haven't understood my nickname.

    You can see a lot of trolling after something like that in other forums.
    Let's speak about programming.
    Excuse me. I have no idea why my post was quoted with that added.

    No matter anyway..

    John
    -

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •