Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin does not show a progress bar when pasting files

Default Dolphin does not show a progress bar when pasting files

Hello,

I have realized that if I copy/paste or cut/paste files in dolphin, there is no little windows with a progress bar that tells the stimated time left for the files to be pasted. Can I change that? I think I used to see it some days ago, so maybe i changed something...

Thank you!!

Default Re: Dolphin does not show a progress bar when pasting files

Quote Originally Posted by J_VM View Post
    I have realized that if I copy/paste or cut/paste files in dolphin, there is no little windows with a progress bar that tells the stimated time left for the files to be pasted. Can I change that? I think I used to see it some days ago, so maybe i changed something...
    When you copy/move a file, a progress notifier should appear in the system tray. If you click on it, a popup will appear with detailed informations:

If you don't like this behaviour and would like to have standard progress windows lik in KDE3 times, then right-click on the "Notifications" icon (a circled 'i', it may be hidden so you may have to click on the green up-arrow at the right end of the system tray first to see it), select "Notifications Settings" and disable "File transfers and jobs".
    You may have to logout and login for that to work correctly though.

(sorry for the mixture of german and english in that screenshot. "Benachrichtigungen" should be "Notifications" in english)

Unhappy Re: Dolphin does not show a progress bar when pasting files

Awesome.

My problem seems to be worse. I can get the notifications but two things happens:

1) There is no icon for "notifications", so I have to click in a blank space (where i have to "imagine" the icon) to get the notifications
    2) The background of the notification popup is the top-left corner of my desktop, even though the notification popup is in the botton-right corner.

Why does that happen? Looks weird...

Blog Entries

Awesome.

My problem seems to be worse. I can get the notifications but two things happens:

1) There is no icon for "notifications", so I have to click in a blank space (where i have to "imagine" the icon) to get the notifications
    2) The background of the notification popup is the top-left corner of my desktop, even though the notification popup is in the botton-right corner.

I've experienced that occasionally, when I have used certain themes. (Not for some time though. Using KDE 4.10.5 currently.)

Blog Entries

Awesome.

Probably it's related to your setup that is not typical and could even be wayward.
    Tell us about your system/Install etc...
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Well, I have a partition with Windows 7 and OpenSuse 12.3 (Darthmouth) (i586) KDE. I have /home in a different partition.

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @2.00 GHz (seems like I have 2, i guess thats because the "Dual Core" stuff)

The harddisk is Hitachi, Bus SATA

The Graphic card is Intel Chipset Family (I remember this but i cant find the exact model)

Maybe I should take other graphics drivers? Thats weird because the other icons work just fine...

Blog Entries

Well, I have a partition with Windows 7 and OpenSuse 12.3 (Darthmouth) (i586) KDE. I have /home in a different partition.

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @2.00 GHz (seems like I have 2, i guess thats because the "Dual Core" stuff)

The harddisk is Hitachi, Bus SATA

The Graphic card is Intel Chipset Family (I remember this but i cant find the exact model)

Maybe I should take other graphics drivers? Thats weird because the other icons work just fine...
    No, it is not related to your graphics hardware, but caf4926 is suggesting that your openSUSE KDE installation may have an issue. This can happen for example, if you have conflicting repositories enabled, which can cause strange things to happen with the DE. However, I still wonder if you have selected a problematic theme...

Blog Entries

You could try creating a new user account, and observe whether that account has the same issue. It might be due to some wayward KDE user config file.

Blog Entries

I've seen this phenomenon too, sometimes adding a widget/plasmoid triggers it. This is how I get it working again:
    - Right click the panel, Unlock Widgets
    - Right click the place where the notification icon should be, pick Remove Notifications
    - Right click the panel, Add widgets
    - Double click the Notification widget. It will appear on the right side of the panel.
    - Right click the panel, Panel settings.
    - Now click the Notification icon, a crosshair will show, drag it to the place you want.
    - Close the panel settings
    - Right click somewhere, Lock Widgets.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

No, I dont think so, I am using the default theme (with some personalization changes). This is my list of repositories:

VLC
    Wireless
    Packman Repository
    libdvdcss repository
    openSUSE-12.3-Debug (not habilited)
    openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug (not habilited)
    openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug-Non-Oss (not habilited)
    openSUSE-12.3-Non-Oss
    openSUSE-12.3-Oss
    openSUSE-12.3-Soruce (not habilited)
    openSUSE-12.3-Update
    openSUSE-12.3-Update-Non-Oss

Does this help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast