Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Okular wont print

  1. #1

    Default Okular wont print

    openSUSE 12.3
    KDE 4.10.5r1
    Okular 0.16.5

    I down loaded a PDF, opened it with Okular and it opened just fine. It is a 4 page document.

    However if I do a print preview, there are no pages shown and it indicates that there is only 1 page.
    I tried a print and the printer warms up but does not print anything.

    I am able to print a test page just fine.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default AW: Okular wont print

    Quote Originally Posted by hextejas View Post
    I down loaded a PDF, opened it with Okular and it opened just fine. It is a 4 page document.

    However if I do a print preview, there are no pages shown and it indicates that there is only 1 page.
    I tried a print and the printer warms up but does not print anything.

    I am able to print a test page just fine.
    Could be a bug in poppler which okular uses.
    Can you upload the PDF to SUSE Paste and post a link so I could check it?

    You can also try to use Adobe's acroread to print it, this should be installed by default. If not, install the package "acroread".

  3. #3

    Default Re: AW: Okular wont print

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Could be a bug in poppler which okular uses.
    Can you upload the PDF to SUSE Paste and post a link so I could check it?

    You can also try to use Adobe's acroread to print it, this should be installed by default. If not, install the package "acroread".
    Wolfie, I am trying to figure out how to use Openpaste. Let me see if I can attach it to an email or PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Okular wont print

    Acroread works just fine so I will continue to use it, though I hate it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Okular wont print

    Quote Originally Posted by hextejas View Post
    Acroread works just fine so I will continue to use it, though I hate it.
    Have you tried okular with a different PDF file?
    It's likely that it just has a problem with this particular file.

    At least "Print preview" works fine here. I just tried it with the Virtualbox manual...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Okular wont print

    As suspected, this seems to be a bug in poppler.
    pdftops generates an invalid PostScript file out of that PDF.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Okular wont print

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Have you tried okular with a different PDF file?
    It's likely that it just has a problem with this particular file.

    At least "Print preview" works fine here. I just tried it with the Virtualbox manual...
    Yes, other files work fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •