Thread: KDM AUTOLOGIN + LOCKSCREEN

Default KDM AUTOLOGIN + LOCKSCREEN

i'm using opensuse 12.3 kde spin, and i found a problem that is not present in olther distros

when i try to setup kdm from settings center, with enable autologin + lockscreen after login, nothink happer.

the setting is saved but kdm don't do it (i don't know why but in kdm apper root login option...)

it is a suse bug or it is somethink wrong? (my friend on anolther pc try same but have the same resultat)

thx for answer and sry for english

Default Re: KDM AUTOLOGIN + LOCKSCREEN

Quote Originally Posted by halon View Post
    i'm using opensuse 12.3 kde spin, and i found a problem that is not present in olther distros

when i try to setup kdm from settings center, with enable autologin + lockscreen after login, nothink happer.

the setting is saved but kdm don't do it (i don't know why but in kdm apper root login option...)
    You have to set the "DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN" variable to your username in the file /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager. Either use a texteditor ("kdesu kwrite" f.e.) or YaST->System->"/etc/sysconfig Editor" for that.

it is a suse bug or it is somethink wrong? (my friend on anolther pc try same but have the same resultat)
    It is a SUSE bug. Well, actually it's by design. It was done that way, I guess, to have a standard method regardless which desktop you use (KDE, GNOME, XFCE, ...)

See https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=267903