Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Firefox 23.0 tabs?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Posts
    95

    Default Firefox 23.0 tabs?

    Using Firefox 23.0 on OpenSuse 12.2 system. Can't configure application for use with no tabs. Don't like the tabs. How do I configure Firefox for no tabs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Firefox 23.0 tabs?

    On 08/20/2013 07:56 PM, atpmel wrote:
    > How do I configure Firefox for no tabs?


    try Edit > Preferences > Tabs and uncheck "Open new windows in a new
    tab instead", then click "OK"

    --
    dd
    http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat
    http://tinyurl.com/DD-Complaints


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Firefox 23.0 tabs?

    Checked the preferences and they were configured for no tabs. Any other ideas?




    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post
    On 08/20/2013 07:56 PM, atpmel wrote:
    > How do I configure Firefox for no tabs?


    try Edit > Preferences > Tabs and uncheck "Open new windows in a new
    tab instead", then click "OK"

    --
    dd
    DD Caveat
    Complaints

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Firefox 23.0 tabs?

    Problem solved. Installed "hide" add-on to Firefox 23.0 .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Firefox 23.0 tabs?

    On 08/20/2013 10:36 PM, atpmel wrote:
    >
    > Problem solved. Installed "hide" add-on to Firefox 23.0 .


    perfect! i never heard of that add-on before (sorry what i gave you
    didn't work, i SO much thought it would i didn't test it--shame on me.)

    happy _you_ sorted it out!!

    --
    dd
    http://tinyurl.com/DD-Complaints

  6. #6

    Default Re: Firefox 23.0 tabs?

    On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:41:11 GMT
    "dd" <DenverD@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    > On 08/20/2013 10:36 PM, atpmel wrote:
    > >
    > > Problem solved. Installed "hide" add-on to Firefox 23.0 .

    >
    > perfect! i never heard of that add-on before (sorry what i gave you
    > didn't work, i SO much thought it would i didn't test it--shame on
    > me.)
    >
    > happy _you_ sorted it out!!
    >


    Yes, it's a new 'feature' of FF23. There has been lots of chat in
    mozilla.support.firefox newsgroup regarding this subject, mostly
    complaints but also some solutions.

    --
    Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
    openSUSE 12.3 (64-bit); KDE 4.11.0; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Kernel: 3.10.6; Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (using nouveau driver);
    Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA); Wireless: BCM4306

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •