Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    974

    Default CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    I am trying to bring up draftsight, downloaded from dassault-systemes as an rpm.
    Installed without complaints/issues on my 12.3/kde4.10.5 laptop.

    from cli, I get
    Code:
    carl@HPDV7T-Linux:/opt/dassault-systemes/draftsight/bin> ./draftsight
    ./draftsight: line 34: 27500 Segmentation fault      "$BINARY"
    Is anyone successfully running draftsight on 12.3?
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

  2. #2

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    Is that a bash script being run which then calls the binary? It looks like it may be. Try this to obtain some more info:

    Code:
    $head draftsight
    then, if it is a bash script:
    $bash -x draftsight
    That should provide additional debug info for at 34 and before to help determine what may be doing on.

    Also, per any draftsight documentation are you supposed to set any environmental variables before running it? (The script itself might say.)

    You might want to run ldd on the binary itself (draftsight.bin maybe?) and see if it's missing any libraries.

  3. #3

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    Quote Originally Posted by cmcgrath5035 View Post
    I am trying to bring up draftsight, downloaded from dassault-systemes as an rpm.
    Installed without complaints/issues on my 12.3/kde4.10.5 laptop.

    from cli, I get
    Code:
    carl@HPDV7T-Linux:/opt/dassault-systemes/draftsight/bin> ./draftsight
    ./draftsight: line 34: 27500 Segmentation fault      "$BINARY"
    Is anyone successfully running draftsight on 12.3?
    Sorry can't help you with the problem.
    Draftsight here is running on 12.3.

    Did you checked on that error?
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    Thanks, gents for the suggestions.

    `ldd draftsight.bin` in the draftsight directory yields no obvious issues.

    draftsight is in fact a shell script, the error is reporting a seg fault when the selected binary is executed.

    conram - two questions
    1. Do you simply launch "draftsight", or do you launch with "draftsight - style xxxx"?

    2. Can I assume your 12.3 is up to date?
    Reason I ask is that an update I ran on August 9 seems to have rendered another CAD program I have, qcadPro, inoperable with a similar segfault.
    In that case, ldd yields no immediately useful errors as well.
    I am suspicious that a point release on one of the system libraries is the cause in the qcadPro case, might be similar (or same ) issue here.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

  5. #5

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    Hello,
    I can also report no problem using DraftSight V1R3.2 under OpenSUSE 12.3 64bit. I have it installed on two different computers.
    1. I simply run draftsight command. (actually I had to create launcher '/opt/dassault-systemes/draftsight/bin/draftsight %u' in alacarte to have draftsight in my launcher).
    2. My system is up to date, latest update on August 20th.

    I used to have problems with draftsight under fedora year ago, it was segfaulting unless I ran it as root. But this seems like a different problem.

    Pol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    semhustej - Thanks for your info.

    My issue persists.
    I originally was asking when my install on intel/intel graphics laptop would not start up.
    Today I installed draftsight rpm for V1R32 on my AMD/AMD graphics desktop which had not been updated since early June (I was on holiday).
    Draftsight started up as expected.
    I then performed an update to today, August 20 and draftsight now SegFaults same as laptop.

    I am running 12.3_64 with KDE 4.10.5. Are you machines similar (KDE)?

    PS
    draftsight does install a .desktop file in /user/share/applications, if you like to have an icon based launch from desktop.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

  7. #7

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    Quote Originally Posted by cmcgrath5035 View Post
    Thanks, gents for the suggestions.

    `ldd draftsight.bin` in the draftsight directory yields no obvious issues.

    draftsight is in fact a shell script, the error is reporting a seg fault when the selected binary is executed.

    conram - two questions
    1. Do you simply launch "draftsight", or do you launch with "draftsight - style xxxx"?

    2. Can I assume your 12.3 is up to date?
    Reason I ask is that an update I ran on August 9 seems to have rendered another CAD program I have, qcadPro, inoperable with a similar segfault.
    In that case, ldd yields no immediately useful errors as well.
    I am suspicious that a point release on one of the system libraries is the cause in the qcadPro case, might be similar (or same ) issue here.
    Yes, this 12.3 is up to date.
    I can run it from the terminal using the command draftsight or from the launcher. ("/opt/dassault-systemes/draftsight/bin/draftsight")
    I am using nvidia graphic card and running it on xfce 4.10.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    conram
    Thanks, perhaps this is becoming a KDE MESA issue.
    I'll convert my 12.3 VM to xfce to see what I get.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

  9. #9

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    Quote Originally Posted by cmcgrath5035 View Post
    conram
    Thanks, perhaps this is becoming a KDE MESA issue.
    I'll convert my 12.3 VM to xfce to see what I get.
    One of my machines is GNOME 3.6, the other XFCE 4.10. The .desktop file somehow got screwed up when upgrading to V1R3.2, it was working fine before that.

    Let us know whether changing the desktop solved the problem.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: CAD program Draftsight - SegFault

    OK, I am getting more than a bit confused here, but some progress just the same.

    This AM I set off to build a new oS 12.3 Virtual Machine in Vbox. I installed three desktops, KDE 4.10.5, Gnome and XFCE.
    When install and updates were done, I found that draftsight worked under KDE.
    I have not tried Gnome or XFCE yet, both are new to me.

    I then switched back to my host 12.3/KDE 4.10.5 interface and draftsight now started up there as well.
    I can't be sure, but believe some updates to kdm that were loaded last evening in an update may be the cause of this change.

    Interestingly, issues on the same machine with another CAD program (qcadPro) also have disappeared on this machine, my amd/ati graphics desktop, as well.

    I still have issues with my intel/intel graphics laptop.

    I continue to believe there is some flaky behavior among KDE, Mesa and the various video drivers.
    Desk: i7-4790K Leap 15.1(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0
    Lap: HPDV7T i7 Leap 15.0(x86_64)4.12.14-lp151.28.7-default KF5 59.0 Plasma 5.14.4 Qt 5.13.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •