KDE 4.10.5 device notifier showing unmounted device after removal.

After I have properly unmounted and removed a device; device manager still shows the device and the icon is present on the panel.
How do you correct this behaviour? The device is long ago disconnected is not physically attached to the USB port.

What if you use the “remove safely” from the opened icon?

It’s not show as mounted. The “arrow” is shown as if you were going to mount it.

And are there any of the possibilities shown (like open with file manager) and what if you use one.

This is one of the first things I should try. Didn’t you do no trials of anything at all?

You can get to the file options dialogue but of course they don’t work. It doesn’t return an error. It just remains shown unmounted.
So yes I have tried all the options.

It works normally if you plug in anther device or put a DVD or CD in the tray. Those items don’t remain when unmounted.

So it is only this device, the others acting normal. Does this happen only once, or can you reproduce it? When you see it for the first time now, I would say it is just a slip of the … (whatever it is).

In that case, I would logout and login again to se if it is gone.

When it is gone then, it will stay a riddle :(. But such things happen. Some timing error somewhere (it could be hard- or software), but difficult to catch when not reproducable. And thus not worth a bug report.

Same here with an USB-Tower with 4 Drives.
I umount the 4 Drives in the Automounter, they are shown as umounted, when I turn off the Power of the USB-Tower, they were shown in the Automounter as umounted.
This is a bug from the Beginning of the Installation of openSUSE 12.3 in January 2013. Now KDE 4.10 is installed from the KDE4.10 Repo.

When I turn on the Power of the USB-Tower, they were shown as mounted in the Automounter.

All other Devices were mounted/umounted normal. And after umount not shown in the Automounter.

But I can live with this little bug.

Sounds like not a big issue.
It just appeared after a recent normal update.

When that update (or patch?) was not about too many packages, you could maybe find out which package it was and file a bug for it.

It was a pretty big batch of items all at once.
It’s likely just a local issue with certain hardware and not widespread.

Then difficult to identify indeed.

Yes, I guess that is part of the problem. Nobody has all the different hardware on the world to test a software change. And thus they depend on bug reports.